Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Label for my upcoming brew based on the 1936 Barclay Perkins DBA.

SBC-BP-DBA-Label1.png

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Bottled my summer ale, here is the label. Wheat base with Sage honey and lemon zest added. Kinda looking forward to this one.

Summer.jpg

Summer ale.jpg

Here is my label for my IPA debuting on the 4th of July. Calling it Drink Free - IPA. Was able to squeak my brewery logo onto the bottle...all be it small. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401852713.294927.jpg

A new one that I'm sure many people have done before. This is my take on it for what its worth on a boring Saturday morning.

Hey folks, back again with another. Tried to break free from some of my earlier designs and try something new. This label is for a Pliny the Elder clone, the name on this one is kind of an inside joke between a few friends on mine. Thought it turned out well enough to share with everyone though, cheers!

doubleipa2_zpsdf876ee9.jpg

Hey folks, back again with another. Tried to break free from some of my earlier designs and try something new. This label is for a Pliny the Elder clone, the name on this one is kind of an inside joke between a few friends on mine. Thought it turned out well enough to share with everyone though, cheers!

doubleipa2_zpsdf876ee9.jpg

Love this Label. Well done.

What program are you guys using to make these awesome labels? Are any of these programs free for use?

There is also a free version of Photoshop available from Adobe. Google Free Photoshop and you can find it. They are not supporting it anymore, but they do provide the product key.

I personally use Photoshop and Illustrator. I have a buddy who uses Gimp and loves it (plus it's free).

I downloaded Gimp but have no clue what I'm doing. Are there templates that you use? Or do I just take one that someone posted and change it to my liking?

I downloaded Gimp but have no clue what I'm doing. Are there templates that you use? Or do I just take one that someone posted and change it to my liking?

Gimp or photoshop have a pretty steep learning curve. Plan on spending a quality week or two with a online tutorial.

It's definitely going to take some time to learn. As Chops1867 stated, you should spend a couple of weeks with online tutorials.
I browsed a bunch of vintage labels, found some that I liked, and designed my labels in a similar fashion. I'm not aware of any templates that are available.

Latest posts

Back