Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll have some of our new basic concepts on our site soon, playing around with some new series I’m creating ... then ? Whatever the brew crew desires ...

I'd like to end up with a write-on version of this. Very simple and clean. I plan to write the name of the beer and style in the upper section and other tidbits of info in the lower section such as ABV and bitterness levels, for example(s).

El Jefe Logo.jpg

I'm embarassed to even post this after seeing how nice yours all look. My computer skills are extremely elementary, but i hacked this together one day while bored at work and for the sake of subscribing to this thread, here it is. I haven't actually printed any of these, but the goal is to eventually put the style of beer, ABV%, description on the right hand side, but this is what i've come up with: (sorry so small)

Bottlelabelsmall.jpg

What do you do for printing your labels??? When I try to print them I can't seem to locate anything to print them onto that can stand up to a cold wet bottle, and look out ice water in a cooler. :( I have had three printed professionally now and they stand up ice water in a cooler and have to be crapped off the bottle :), but I have to purchase a minimum of 100 for just one design. I'm only paying $0.55 each for a 3" x 6" uv coated high gloss sticker. With having to purchase 100 at a time I keep making them generic and using them on more than one batch...latest one I had printed is was uploaded to message #5178 of this thread. You all are creating some COOL labels that seem to be batch specific, please tell me more!!

What do you do for printing your labels??? When I try to print them I can't seem to locate anything to print them onto that can stand up to a cold wet bottle, and look out ice water in a cooler. :( I have had three printed professionally now and they stand up ice water in a cooler and have to be crapped off the bottle :), but I have to purchase a minimum of 100 for just one design. I'm only paying $0.55 each for a 3" x 6" uv coated high gloss sticker. With having to purchase 100 at a time I keep making them generic and using them on more than one batch...latest one I had printed is was uploaded to message #5178 of this thread. You all are creating some COOL labels that seem to be batch specific, please tell me more!!
Get the labels laser printed on a hard finish paper. Most copy/printing centers can to this for you for $0.10 - $0.15 per page, and you can get 4 - 8 labels/page depending on size. Then use a gelatin based adhesive as described here. Labels come off quickly with just hot water.

Brew on :mug:

Back