Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay here is the current kegerator...pick this up for $150 which included all supplies, half keg, 5# Co2, 20# No2, fits 4 soda kegs if the canister is on the outside.

IMG_8617.jpg

IMG_8618.jpg

Here is the new addition I was talking about...I will be mounting this on the new keezer whenever I find one that will fit at least 8 kegs. Picked this up for $100 which included to handles and 12 beer mugs and a drip tray which you can see on the above pics

IMG_8614.jpg

IMG_8615.jpg

IMG_8614.jpg

and yes, that is 9 handles :mug:

<<<Here is the new addition I was talking about...I will be mounting this on the new keezer whenever I find one that will fit at least 8 kegs. Picked this up for $100 which included to handles and 12 beer mugs and a drip tray which you can see on the above pics>>>

Nice, I'd put those nine faucets on Ebay or Craig's List and replace with Perlick front sealers. It will be tough to drink enough beer to keep them clean.

well done! im about to pick up a fridge that looks a lot like that. Did you just use spray paint to paint it white? did you have to do any prep work before you painted?

You are a good friend abledsoe!

Two things - did you do anything to makes sure that both doors open should your buddy decide to open the freezer door? (because of the tall tap handles)

And, the logo on the inside is double sweet! Great job!

I used white appliance spray paint. As far as preperation goes, i cleaned it, lightly sanded the entire thing and then cleaned it again.

For the freezer door we debated on tap handle placement for that reason and eventually decided to clamp the two doors together. We never actually did it but I think he is going to put a suitcase type latch on it so it can't be accidentally opened.

Wow...can't believe I went through this entire thread.

I just recently found a score on CL that included two cornies (which will be my first). I'm going to have to keep an eye out for an antique ice chest - the ones in this thread are EFFING AWESOME.

Anyways, had a quick question for you chalkboard painters - how easy does chalk come off the paint? I imagine it's a bit more of a PITA to clean than a regular chalkboard.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Wow...can't believe I went through this entire thread.

I just recently found a score on CL that included two cornies (which will be my first). I'm going to have to keep an eye out for an antique ice chest - the ones in this thread are EFFING AWESOME.

Anyways, had a quick question for you chalkboard painters - how easy does chalk come off the paint? I imagine it's a bit more of a PITA to clean than a regular chalkboard.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Actually the chalk came off very easily on mine UNTIL beer got spilled on them. It was like lacquering the blocks and the chalk became permanent. I would advise not placing them below the taps.

I would like to thank this thread for helping to lower my bank account, and increase my brewing capacity. But hey I'm doing my part by stimulating the economy, and my liver.

There is no point in going to ones grave with a perfect liver. I am using mine up at the right pace (I hope).

Your keezer is beautiful! I like that cherry stain on pine. Well done!
There is really only one thing you need now; a drip tray.

I still need to run my co2 lines (and brew enough beer to fill it), but I couldn't resist adding my humble attempt to this incredible display of drunken ingenuity.

kegerator.jpg

There is no point in going to ones grave with a perfect liver. I am using mine up at the right pace (I hope).

Your keezer is beautiful! I like that cherry stain on pine. Well done!
There is really only one thing you need now; a drip tray.

I will get a drip try soon, it will just stay in the garage for now so I'm not in a hurry for the drip tray. Thanks for the complement on the keezer!

Where'd you get those faucet plugs?

The plugs came with my order from AHS. I didn't even realize that I ordered them until I opened the box. They are good for now.

So...I think im done...finally.

Since i first posted in this thread, I have made some improvements.

Added Stout faucet
Added brewery logo vinyl sticker
Added handles to collar for opening
Added printed magnetic labels above tap handles

I just built a lower frame on casters that I will put the entire keezer inside of so I can move it easier. I have 6 full kegs in there now but will but the cart frame on before the weekend so I can roll it right outside onto our deck for a party.

BugeaterKeezer.jpg

VinylLogoCloseup.jpg

KeezerLabels.jpg

Normally wouldn't quote on a thread entry this far back, but I love the hop-ball ... really good idea ... :mug::rockin:

Woohoo! Filled the CO2 tank, got the beverage lines, and all the QD's today, so fluid is now flowing from the kegerator! Although it is only water at the moment as I'm making sure the keg is holding pressure.

Here is mine, nothing special. To fit two corny kegs with the 5lb CO2 I had to pull off the plastic shelves on the door. I put a rectangular chunk of cardboard in there for insulation underneath a thin piece of wood, which I turned into a chalkboard. I am still looking around for a solution to the drips, any suggestions? Cheaper is better. I also made some little chalkboards on the kegs themselves which are quite convenient.

kegs.jpg

As you can see, I went with the seldom used "sideways" orientation. It just made more sense than having the door open on the front. I got to keep the light that way, and it also saved me the pain of moving the temp controls around on the roof to accommodate the regulator. (Tank is wedged on a bit of a step behind the two kegs.)

I have a nice tap handle to mount, I am just looking for a piece of hardware for it.

Just thought I'd add that some of the kegerators and keezers on here are beautiful. Keep up the good work out there.

It is 7.2 cu, I think. It'll fit six kegs: The inside of the collar is laid out so the shank holes are all measured out and even, they just need to be drilled out when ready.

I had the fortune of finding a retiring homebrewer who sold me all of his gear including a basic converted keezer last year. However this keezer had really worked hard for 5 years, and after 6 months in my house it died. I had all the gear from perlick taps to c02 control so I had to replace it. This time however I wanted it to look good, so I dug into this forum. So many ideas, this is what I ended up with:
24572_435482767177_619327177_5617292_1884882_n.jpg

24572_435483207177_619327177_5617296_4870301_n.jpg

24572_435484402177_619327177_5617312_1304571_n.jpg

24572_435484657177_619327177_5617315_5516512_n.jpg

29284_438600762177_619327177_5692034_1379181_n.jpg

29284_438600292177_619327177_5692025_1654589_n.jpg

Got a DFH 60 Minute Clone that will be ready soon, here's to smooth pours!

Nice job, Brentindeed! I like how you encased the lid in wood. I thought about scraping the original lid on mine, and building a wooden one from scratch, but your idea has merit. I'm glad I haven't moved too hastily. Cheers!

Is that cypress?

Back