Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disregard the towel. Just moved it

1414869956127.jpg

I just completed mine. It's a 5-tap coffin keezer with stainless tile top and a stainless steel backsplash. I etched my home brewery logo (last name is Tjart... not too creative with my brewery name) using the electrolytic acid etching described in this thread:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/how-add-permanent-volume-markings-kettle-illustrated-463099/

The lighting is RGB LED tape with a remote controller that lets me chose a wide array of colors, or use settings that cycle through all colors softly.

Here it is:

20141024_170909-64076.jpg

20141024_170951-64077.jpg

20141024_171041-64078.jpg

The coffin box looks lighter than the rest of the unit but its just the lighting. I used the same stain throughout, but the plywood panelling turned out slightly darker which provides an interesting contrast.

Looks great. Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I want to thank all the fine folks on this site who shared all their builds and info over the years. I poured through a lot of these threads getting knowledge and inspiration as I built my keezer. It ain't much compared to some of these awesome builds but I'm pretty happy with it and now I have my own beer on tap! Amazing!

keezer1.JPG

For anyone interested I blogged about my keezer build:

Part 1
Part 2

Finished this about a month ago. Thanks to all the build threads it went together pretty smoothlyImageUploadedByHome Brew1416202204.738112.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Here's mine. Want a bigger one but this works well with my current space constraints. Found out the other day that changing beer line on a 3 tap tower is a total PITA. I have it pouring beutiful pints now though.

1416248944025.jpg

Just got my new setup installed. :ban:

No SWMBO to worry with, so I just converted the kitchen fridge. I never used the crispers anyway... :rockin:

I went with a 2x 630SS setup with 5gal ball locks and a 15lb tank. I've got room for another keg or two if I pickup a smaller 5lb tank.

15827849791_10a1b876de_c.jpg

That's really cool. So what happens if the authorities find out you have this? Offer them a beer I guess?

That's really cool. So what happens if the authorities find out you have this? Offer them a beer I guess?

I believe in dry counties you can have alcohol, just not sell it. Some dry counties are "beer only" or "no Sunday sales".

Guys I just made a kegerator
Out of a frigidaire 4.4 . 2 kegs. Haven't decided what tap handle. I wanted to go cheap and put the tap through the door instead of the tower. Any cons to this? How long of a shank is typical to go through a mini fridge door?

I think I ended up getting 4". After the trim washer. I used a piece of 1/4" luan on the outside and a small piece as a shim on the inside for support. I think I could have gone a bit shorter but they were cheap and had the bib welded on. It really depends on the shape and thickness of the foam in your door.

Guys I just made a kegerator
Out of a frigidaire 4.4 . 2 kegs. Haven't decided what tap handle. I wanted to go cheap and put the tap through the door instead of the tower. Any cons to this? How long of a shank is typical to go through a mini fridge door?

I used a 4 1/4? with a barbed end on my kegerator which goes through the door. It's better to go through the doors as your lines and taps stay cool compared to through a tower, from what I've read.

Yes sir. I'd rather not try my luck cutting a whole in the top. Seems you get better performance with door mounted taps as all the lines are in the fridge and you aren't adding any more volume to cool. I just wondered what length shank people are running. I'll try to take a measurement tonight. Anyone able to run 2 door taps ?

2 more perlick taps to add then finished! Going to use this weekend with just 2. I have a 4 pass Plate chiller. Love it so far

Looks great! I did one exactly like this with 6 taps. One word of warning - if people are going in and out of the box for bottles or other items, it is real easy for them to bump the taps. I used short tap handles to hopefully avoid that.

jockey_boxes.jpg

Looks great! I did one exactly like this with 6 taps. One word of warning - if people are going in and out of the box for bottles or other items, it is real easy for them to bump the taps. I used short tap handles to hopefully avoid that.

jockey_boxes.jpg

Very nice! I thought I was the only one who had this style.. Good work!

jockey_boxes.jpg

jockey_boxes.jpg

Thanks a lot JonW, now I've got to figure out how to squeeze kegging gear into my already cramped 8.5' popup... :(

Thanks. I did that almost 3 years ago as an additional box for our brew club (Brewcommune). We go to the SoCal Homebrew Festival every year and between the 2 club 6 tap boxes and several 2 tap ones that other members have, we put up 20+ beers on tap. The reach in top is great for the other specialty bottled beers we also serve at the festival. We don't have the boxes stacked up like in the pic - that was just for serving at our camping spot. :D

Thanks a lot JonW, now I've got to figure out how to squeeze kegging gear into my already cramped 8.5' popup... :(
LOL - Go big or go home!! ;)

You need to flip it before uploading it.

This doesn't work from mobile. You have to link to it for it to work right. Uploading from a computer doesn't change the orientation but for some reason uploading from a phone it iPad flips the photos.

I use iPhone and I don't have any issues. You can flip the photos in the phones editor before using the app to upload. Or take the pictures in right orientation to begin with.

Back