Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished mine last week. Now that its finished I want to change it. Make the collar taller so I can add an extra keg. Make a bottom collar that will raise the chest up another 6". Yadda yadda. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411041553.044356.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1411041573.496484.jpg

I just finished mine last week. Now that its finished I want to change it. Make the collar taller so I can add an extra keg. Make a bottom collar that will raise the chest up another 6". Yadda yadda.

Be careful how high you go. It can be a real hassle to lift a full keg into a keezer (especially a cramped one) that's too tall, and is dangerous from a step stool. I know this from personal experience. My second keezer is made from a bigger freezer and uses a 2x4 collar. Much better!

What's that quote over your keezer, uncleleon?

A drunken rambling of mine about paying to enter competitions.

I entered one in Louisiana and scored a 40 and didn't place, but one of the organizers won virtually every category.

I'm anxious to replace it with a list of beers on tap. 😃

Here is my new setup. Kenmore 8.8cu ft chest freezer, 10ft of line running to 3 stainless shanks and Perlick Taps. Custom fan blowing cold air in the insulated ducting to keep lines cool. Still need to paint the top but not a top priority as it's in the storage room. Tap handles labeled according to number on RaspberryPints screen.

Where in the world did you get your on tap software?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

What's that quote over your keezer, uncleleon?

I entered one in Louisiana and scored a 40 and didn't place, but one of the organizers won virtually every category.

Where in the world did you get your on tap software?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yup it's RaspberryPints! Cool little program

http://raspberrypints.com/

I'm not the only one who's experienced this only my beer was bashed. Entered a competition and every single top 3 beer was from the club putting it on

Very Cool. I am going to do a kezzer soon and I have been enjoying all the builds. I like the use of pipe in yours and the pressure gauges on the top.

Here's my crappy pic of my ugly beast.

She's a work in progress. I just installed the taps last night.

I still need to mount the temperature controller, rig a fan of some sort, and put gate latches on the door to keep it sealed better.

I don't really worry to much about the looks because ultimately I intend to build a bar around the kegerator. Hopefully sometime around the beginning of the year. So I'm more concerned about function rather than form presently.

I really need to learn to take better pics.

20140925_213801.jpg

Hey guys, its been a while since I've posted anything here but I thought you might like my latest piece of work.

nHCCQgW.jpeg

There's a bit of a build gallery I can post if anyone is interested.

Have you had any problem with those tap handles being filled with liquid. I'd be afraid of them popping loose at the cap if you pulled on them too high up.

Do I win the ugly kegorator prize? I do love that I can fit a third keg on a picnic tap and a carboy I'm lagering in there though.

image.jpg

@hifidelity Thanks for the heads up! We are a military family - you'd think we would get that right!

Every now and then I get a little leak, but no big problems. I hit the threads with some thread tape before I screw the caps on.

Edit: I suck at forums. I meant to reply to the poster asking about the liquid in the yeast vial tap handles.

Just curious how did you know where the screw the drip tray without hitting any coils in the front?
Thanks,
Jason

Back