Show us your cider in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot a quick video of my newest batch which was started last night with Lalvin QA23 yeast. Hoping for a good turnout. I used Campden tablet the night before and then add yeast nutrient just prior to pitching the yeast. The blow off tube is getting its money's worth right now. Plan to airlock Wednesday night.

The gallon in the back is Red Star Premier Cuvée and was in primary for a good month and secondary for the past three weeks. It wasn't a very vigorous primary fermentation so I'm hoping it turns out in the end. I'll probably rack to bottles when I am ready to rack the new batch to secondary (since I only have two one gal carboys).

View attachment trim.FF8A4DD3-C614-440E-AD90-835123879D60.MOV

On the left is a simple cider made from local middle Tennessee apples on ale yeast. OG 1.065 today's reading was 1.000 at time of transfer. The other two are small gallon cider experiments. The dark one contains cascade whole leaf hops while the clear one has Jack Daniels barrel chips that were soaked in Belle Meade Bourbon. Hopefully they come out well. View attachment 306365

I also live in middle tennessee. Do you recommend any orchards in the area?

New to cider pressing with my own grinder and press. Heavy crop to pick and a lot of variety to mix into each batch. The darker jugs have crabapple in the mix. 40 gallons so far

Cider 2015.JPG

Organic free range apples.JPG

See a lot of ciders mixed with different kinds of berries on here what kind of juices do you guys use and what's the process you use? Been thinking about making some so any tips would be greatly greatly appreciated

See alot of ciders mixed with berries here what are your experiences with them? What kind of juice and how much to add to 5 gal carboys? Getting cider today much try something new

Cider House Select yeast and Hay's Orchard cider plus a small jug of cyser
Cyser1_zpscbmxtwmp.jpg

Cyser bottled and cran-apple cider
cyser3_zpsebz7mg1r.jpg

Two 5 gallon batches Hard Apple Cider in progress! Cider from local orchard, Lalvin D 47 yeast , Brown sugar. First batch of cider ever, so will let you know how it turns out!

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

Decided to pick up another 6 gallons seeing the first gallon test batch was drank in one week. Hopefully 12 gallons will last till summer.

IMG_0380.jpg

Plain cider made from juice from a local orchard, fermented with Cote des Blanc, primed to 1.012 with frozen concentrate. It's fizzy!

IMG_2860.jpg

Plain cider made from juice from a local orchard, fermented with Cote des Blanc, primed to 1.012 with frozen concentrate. It's fizzy!

Looks fabulous. I like simple just juice recipes. If you do it right it's great, but if you mess up its bad! Did you have to do anything to stop fermentation?

The large one (I know too much headspace) is a plain cider, the gallon is cherry and vanilla added- that's how there came to be too much headspace. But it is starting to clear. I may help it along by putting it outside over night to cold crash if the temps drop enough.

image.jpg

My second attempt at a cider. Basic store bought juice, with WLP002. Reading at start 1.050. Started ib 11/27/15

*edit* darn it. my photo didn't post. Ill try again.

*edit* second try for photo

second_batch_11_27.jpg

Last edited:
I decided I would share my two newly started batches. I just finished starting the process.

The first I am calling it Dragon's Heart (Dragon fruit/Passion Fruit, Apple Cider) 5 Gallons - 6.83% ABV (if fremented to 1.000)

The second is a Cherry Apple Ice Cider - 1 Gallon (Too high for my gauge to measure but estimate about 1.170-1.180 OG)

2015-11-29 15.15.44.jpg

2015-11-29 15.15.28.jpg

Decided to pick up another 6 gallons seeing the first gallon test batch was drank in one week. Hopefully 12 gallons will last till summer.

Were you wearing your blue stingray boots while transporting that load?

My normal cider @ 9% ABV fermenting in the sauna dressing room.

12122628_1094058910638336_1543865911423869627_n.jpg

My really strong cider (apple wine) @ 16% ABV, fermenting in the sauna.

12299311_1094058657305028_7329232583996450918_n.jpg

Just apple at 5% using nottingham yeast

Just apple juice will bring you to 6% unless you water it down.

Do you use that handle to move it around? Those handles should actually be outlawed and the rocket scientist who invented it should be subject to a class action lawsuit.

C4F9653A6CAD4DE0842FC1EC41FC7CDD.jpg

This is from left to right
5 Gal Indian Summer sparkling cider(made like the Sam's Choice' recipe)
3 Gal Easy Peasy Pear
1 Gal hard lemonade
1 Gal Strawberry apple cider
(back) 1 Gal Welches Grape jucice wine
1/2 gal experimental cider with brown sugar and tea + raisins. no idea what this will be like.

That grape juice wine is dangerous. Mine actually carbed without priming. Guess it wasn't done even though it was stabil forever. Tasted like grape soda, 10% grape soda!

Back