Show us your cider in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ginger apple cider. Bottled for 5 days. Needs more... Tasty. Tart.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Home Brew mobile app

1393471670738.jpg

1393471714579.jpg

Raspberry to the left. Blueberry pomagrante in the middle. 2 normals with cider yeast in the back and champenge in the front.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Didn't upload last post.

1393682538543.jpg

My "go to" recipe just after pitch. Its a local honey fortified cider. Pitched on 2/20/14, primary currently cold crashing. Secondary in a couple of days, kegging a few days after that.

cider.jpg

Cinnfully delicious cinnamon apple cider

1393912894346.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395761913.840038.jpg

Here it is. My first batch using Notty Yeast. After 4 months in the secondary it is soooo good. Almost sparkling. A little sugar left. Good flavor and no off flavor a or odors.

Maybe time to bottle condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I made a black cherry apple cider... 3 weeks in primary and then secondary for 2 weeks. Turned out really tasty. Just bottled and gonna let it carb. Of was 1.070. Dropped it to 1.000. After I threw some sugar in for priming was 1.012. Very tasty!

1396047383727.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396115612.190555.jpg

My next experiment. Blueberry-Apple. 5 gal apple juice 1bag frozen blueberries 1can blueberry pie filling & 4 pounds of sugar. Hope the Notty Yeast is up to the challenge. S. G. 1.090

Great labels! I wanted to label mine next year. How did you go about making the label?

View attachment 189363

My next experiment. Blueberry-Apple. 5 gal apple juice 1bag frozen blueberries 1can blueberry pie filling & 4 pounds of sugar. Hope the Notty Yeast is up to the challenge. S. G. 1.090

I went blueberry with part of my last batch, but I did it the lazy way. Had my cider exactly where I wanted it, then bottled 2 growlers with 1.5 cups of flash frozen blueberries in the bottle and topped them with my cider. Now they sits and I waits. :) I have had a small taste (about a week in); absolutely delightful, can't wait to try it in a couple more weeks!

Here is my new vid of how to make my watermelon cider [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAV-ACUg28A[/ame]

Cider made in October 2013, very cloudy with what I guess is pectin, about to go for its final racking into plastic bottles.

image.jpg

My first attempt, not so bad when you sweeten it with a little Xylitol. Strong and tasty but lost some apples notes as I fermented most of those out. On to Round 2!

BottleBabies.jpg

About 25 litres of cider pressed from wild apples I found about the place.

The OG of the juice is around 1.046 but I added 2kg of white sugar so that should bring the OG up a little. I didn't actually take a hydrometer reading after adding the sugar but I'm thinking, if it ferments dry, it'll end up between the 8% and 10% abv mark.

I pressed the juice in installments between Monday 21st and Wednesday 23rd of September.

I have added no yeast because when I woke up this morning I noticed that natural / spontaneous fermentation had occurred from, I presume, the wild yeast on the apple skins although it's possible there was some bread yeast still alive in one of the containers I used before. They were all fermenting though in all of the containers.

EDIT: the plastic jerrycan is acting as the primary vessel and I intend to loosen the lid so that gasses can escape.

image.jpg

Well here it is just transferred it to secondary. OG was about 1.052 and was 1.001 at transfer. Taste decent but still has a hint of sulfur smell to it. I will let it sit for a couple weeks and try it again and splash rack if needed.20150923_112647.jpg

On the left is a simple cider made from local middle Tennessee apples on ale yeast. OG 1.065 today's reading was 1.000 at time of transfer. The other two are small gallon cider experiments. The dark one contains cascade whole leaf hops while the clear one has Jack Daniels barrel chips that were soaked in Belle Meade Bourbon. Hopefully they come out well. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1443494039.909679.jpg

So the last 2 years I had the privildge of making vinegar. This year I bought propper equipment :) So the carboy is 2 lbs dark brown sugar, wyeast dry cider, and Aj. The little green is lavlin D47?, 1 cup white sugar, and AJ. Next batch I'm thinking I'll try the Apple Pie cider and Carmel Cider!

DSCN1362.jpg

Some cider pressed from windfall apples, no sugar, yeast or nutrient added, fermenting from the wild yeast on the skins.

image.jpg

Back