Show us your bar!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to thank both of you for keeping me up last night researching plans into building my own bar. I'm house hunting for the first time and would love to set up something like the both of you have.

I figured since I got my inspiration from this forum, i should share with everybody. Good luck on the hunt and eventual bar build!

A friend of mine was selling his bar, so I bought it.

I have a fourth chair for the setup. The middle fridge doesn't get cold, so I have to figure that out. I 'd like to just replace all three with one big unit so I can fit a sanke and some corneys. Regardless, for $100, I'm happy with it.

A friend of mine was selling his bar, so I bought it.

I have a fourth chair for the setup. The middle fridge doesn't get cold, so I have to figure that out. I 'd like to just replace all three with one big unit so I can fit a sanke and some corneys. Regardless, for $100, I'm happy with it.

just an fyi your pics aren't showing, photobucket doesn't allow photo hosting anymore.

Opposite the bar is a home theater area with couches and a projector. I don't have any photos of that area though. To the right of the bar on the other side of the wall is brewery storage. I would love to go all electric one day and brew right there and put in a window to the brewery....But that's for another day.

Photo Dec 17, 4 52 31 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 17, 4 51 15 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 08, 8 34 14 PM.jpg

Bar.jpg

Its mostly finished just need to get doors for the stereo cabinet above the fridge. Progress slowed once the kegerator was finished, too busy keeping taps full and emptying keg.

Attachments

• bar.jpg
    bar.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 459
  • bar2.jpg
    bar2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 469
  • bar3.jpg
    bar3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 469
I went for a sci-fi look for my bar. I am a grown man and this seemed entirely reasonable. Don't judge me.

The room has two sides. One is full of pinball machines and other games, complete with blacklight carpet. The other is an open space with a bar, and a video projector with 135" screen. We wheel in chairs as needed for theater seating. (The open area can also be used for party guests milling about, Xbox Kinect games, yoga, etc.)

The beer taps, alas, are downstairs in the garage. It is a nice room but there just isn't room for everything. At least all the bottles of hooch fit on the shelves behind the bar.

Having my own barcade provides inner peace. I only wish it was bigger so I could have more games, and more beer.

K4PGqh5.jpg

OqNy4LE.jpg

Here's a shot before the room was full, gives you a better idea of what the bar area is like. The bar itself was built by our contractor based on our sketches. I built in LED lighting including animated front panels and variable-color infinity mirrors as the bar tops.

ZtQE1ws.jpg

fullsizeoutput_1522.jpeg Hi All! I just found this forum and thread. Mine is a work in progress. I will be adding a nitro and co2 tap ,2 taps thru the wall to a keezer on the other side of the wall. The wall is only 2 inch's thick where the shelves are built in, so I plan on mounting my faucets right thru the wall to a keezer placed right up against the other side of the wall. Location will be third shelf up on the wall. The wall being used is the same one where the siding glass door is. The bar top is 12 coats of tung oil, its a solid slab of hemlock 3 inches thick. I don't like paint or stains so if you look around all my wood is au natural. This is a summer place only. Any suggestions or comments welcome! :yes:

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_828.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_828.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 530
  • fullsizeoutput_ede.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ede.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 537
  • fullsizeoutput_17bb.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_17bb.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 543
WOW there are some beautiful bars in here! I have a looooong way to go.

Here's a pic of my decidedly unfinished basement bar.

FQTYIpQ.jpg

We bought our first home earlier this year with a long, open basement that was screaming for a bar. We've been working on the front bar this year and are almost done. Next year will install the tap handles and hope to build the back bar and finish overall design.
I noticed all the little details that went into it and it's amazing! Great job!

Some nice setups here.

Here are a couple of pics of mine. I didn't start serious home-brewing until after I had finished the basement and bar, otherwise I'd have put taps in. I'm still pondering how I might retrofit some in.

A couple of pics of the bar, and a couple of the rest of the main theater area. There's now a poker table along the back well left of the fireplace:

View attachment 344526

View attachment 344527

View attachment 344528

View attachment 344529

View attachment 344530

View attachment 344531

View attachment 344532

View attachment 344533

is that one big area? or did you sep the bar/theater... im in the same dilemma.. my bar area i have now is about 16 x 16 and the planned theater is 16 by 20 or so... its all unfinished at the moment... going back and forth between dividing them up or making it an open area...

is that one big area? or did you sep the bar/theater... im in the same dilemma.. my bar area i have now is about 16 x 16 and the planned theater is 16 by 20 or so... its all unfinished at the moment... going back and forth between dividing them up or making it an open area...

I went with putting my bar on the opposite side of my theater in one big room. My high end 5.1 sound system, turn table and 84" TV are in my living room with the kitchen behind it. I like the acoustics of the 20' ceilings in the family room better then the basement. My basement has a 70" TV with a decent 7.1 sound system. The nice thing about having the bar in the back is that when entertaining, you can swivel the bar stools around for extra seating. It also makes speaker placement easier and its less distracting than having the bar to a side of the screen.

I am a bit of a nerd for movies and music. A big advantage of having your bar in a separate room with a dedicated AV room is that if you are entertaining the theater experience is less distracting. Although I don't always like my guest, I have never tried to lock myself in a separate undisturbed theater room. ; ). If I am enjoying the home theater experience alone or with just my wife and kids then the empty bar behind us is not a distraction. My setup is in the post above and here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/new-home-basement-bar.663517/

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

The color is there to stay. The wall color is matched to the grout color between the bricks. What we do need to do is hang up some pictures to break up the large open wall space.

And, sadly, all my taps are empty at the moment. My keezer died. However, in happier news, the next step of the project will be to build a walk-in cooler on the other side of the wall that will house the kegs. So hopefully I'll have the taplist full in a couple months.

Back