Show us your bar!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original "HomeWetBar" I built in 2001 at the ripe old age of 21. :D Oak panels, fish tank in the front, refrigerator, liquor cabinet, and glass rack in the back. Here are the plans if you want to build one yourself or incorporate parts into your own design: http://www.homewetbar.com/blog/free-diy-home-bar-plans/

step9-2.jpg

step9-11.jpg

step9-13.jpg

step9-3.jpg

step9-10.jpg

My new bar I built a couple years ago. Draft beer system, glass rack, wine refrigerator, liquor cabinet. Made of maple with a granite top. (sorry never wrote plans to this one)

Gorgeous. That's exactly the kind of bar I hope to build in our next house.

I enjoy target shooting as well. What are you into, bench rest, bulls eye, combat pistol?

Bench rest mainly, but I mostly enjoy going out to the desert and blowing stuff up with tanerite, lol. My main rifle is an aac sps 700 that I have done a bunch of work to. AICS chasis, night force scope, timney 510 trigger, srt arms shadow XL Ti can. Absolutely love the rifle!

Bench rest mainly, but I mostly enjoy going out to the desert and blowing stuff up with tanerite, lol. My main rifle is an aac sps 700 that I have done a bunch of work to. AICS chasis, night force scope, timney 510 trigger, srt arms shadow XL Ti can. Absolutely love the rifle!

My favorite is my Savage 12 F/TR in 308. If I do my job it makes pretty bug holes at 200 yards. It is completely stock.

Hey everyone, after a lot of lurking and reading I decided to post my work in progress. I have a 7cu ft Magic Chef I am turning into a keezer. Instead of mounting faucets on the collar, I plan to send lines out the back and through the wall into an adjoining game room, similar to what martianpc did.

Looks like I will need to make a mount plate for the hinge to get it to sit properly on the collar.

Primer drying and near ready for paint:

I plan to run a pair of 2" pipes from the back of the collar into the wall, one to feed the lines, the other for the computer fan. Is there a difference in cooling retention performance between using ABS vs PVC?

Me thinks you're going to go along with the concept of using some copper tubing in the duct you route your lines through, like many do when they do a "coffin" build and the like.
The copper tubing helps as a "thermal mass" of sorts, and helps conduct the cool, ( fan assisted), to the area at the back of the taps, and to help keep the lines chilled to help avoid the dreaded "foamy pour".

How long you been "lurkin' " ?

You should have seen this in some of the builds by now.

Get busy lookin', or we'll have to rescind your "Lurker Fact Gatherer " badge.........:D

Not planning on copper tubing. Going to mount the coffin top on the wall with faucets coming out on the other side of the wall where I am building a bar. Plan to insulate the f*** out of the keezer and faucet box, and put feed and return pipes between the two like Martianpc did here:

9_zpsc49ef6dc.jpg

Total length between the boxes will be just over 4 feet.

Here is my new bar. Still working on it.

Love the old barn tin!

I have some tin from the 1950s I am saving for a tin roof over my bar. Its not as rusted as that as it still has a lot of the galvanized coating on it. I did a pallet wall and needed another type of wall beside it. I might steal your idea on the tin wall if I can find some more of it.

BTW, was yours already that rust color, or did you do the rust on your own? Ive heard of people buying new or fairly new tin and doing their own oxidation.

Here's my bar. I converted my dining room that we never use (we have a large dinette in our kitchen).

20a7uhz.jpg

mju9o3.jpg

Beer is kept in a fridge in the basement. A trunk line runs up to the first floor taps which is kept cool through a recirculating pump and reservoir in the fridge.

313pyep.jpg

Dartboard with cork surround:

f0z1k.jpg

10oohs4.jpg

Finished with the drip tray below the faucets:

2hcnr0h.jpg

Love the old barn tin!

I have some tin from the 1950s I am saving for a tin roof over my bar. Its not as rusted as that as it still has a lot of the galvanized coating on it. I did a pallet wall and needed another type of wall beside it. I might steal your idea on the tin wall if I can find some more of it.

BTW, was yours already that rust color, or did you do the rust on your own? Ive heard of people buying new or fairly new tin and doing their own oxidation.

The tin, red wood, and the beam, in this bar, came from a dairy barn in Oklahoma that was being dismantled.
The bar counter was cut from a Cherry Bark Oak tree that had died in Texarkana, TX.

shibby38, obviously I love the bar setup, but I absolutely love the idea of the cork surrounding the dart board! The finishes you chose are awesome and different and unique. The ledge next to the dart board is clutch! All I would need is a cot to sleep on and a urinal, I would never leave that room!

Just bought this place in June. As the story goes, the old owner & his wife used to have polka dances and quite the parties down here. Up to 100 people at times.

I plan to rebuild it & refinish the entire basement to get rid of the wood paneling (when time allows & when I can come up with a design I like). I want to have my Keezer built into the bar somehow yet accessible, but until then, she works!

10344208_10203593988283085_3579728785064343807_o-63885.jpg

unnamed-1-63886.jpg

Latest posts

Back