Show Me Your Wood Brew Sculpture/Rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Built this over the weekend. Installed my blichmann Burner for the keggle yesterday along with a water filter system for the HLT. Casters will be here in a few days, and hopefully take it for a spin this weekend on a Vienna ale!!

stand.jpg

Built this over the weekend. Installed my blichmann Burner for the keggle yesterday along with a water filter system for the HLT. Casters will be here in a few days, and hopefully take it for a spin this weekend on a Vienna ale!!

I put a spare flooring tile under my burner. Depending how hot your burner gets, you could do something like that to protect the wood.

Again, great job! 4x4s look super strong!

I put a spare flooring tile under my burner. Depending how hot your burner gets, you could do something like that to protect the wood.

Again, great job! 4x4s look super strong!

Ya I also did something similar. I cut a piece of sheet metal to cover the whole top. Now I dont need to worry about heat ruining the wood, boil overs, etc

Here is a pic of my tile and sheet metal protection. The wood under the burner was turning brown and smoking a little before I added the tile.

Also, note the tile that keeps the mash tun from melting... It is needed in my arrangement. I learned that I have to lean the tile against the mash tun and NOT the HLT, after one tile shattered.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1460565664.947706.jpg

My e-keggle, BIAB, HERMS system undergoing water test. Meant to age an Imperial stout in those barrels at one time, but never got around to it. Kind of like the way they look in my wooden sculpture. I suppose one of these days I'll get around to building some legs.

wooden sculpture.jpg

Here is a pic of my tile and sheet metal protection. The wood under the burner was turning brown and smoking a little before I added the tile.

Also, note the tile that keeps the mash tun from melting... It is needed in my arrangement. I learned that I have to lean the tile against the mash tun and NOT the HLT, after one tile shattered.

View attachment 350262

How hot does that sheet metal get that is next to your boil kettle? I have a similar set up and do not currently have any protection there and was curious, thanks!

The sheet metal does not get very hot... I probably wouldn't put my hand on it for long but the pump and propane tank were used in that location before I added the 5/8" MDF wall with sheet metal.

Sorry, I know that's not a very precise answer.

Threw this guy together in about an Hour with some insparation from other stands on here. It sits about 28" high which is perfect for me. Brewed 10 gallons on it this weekend and all I can say is WOW! What a difference it makes having a dedicated stand for everything!

0y3xbI8h.jpg

B9tVdvch.jpg

View attachment 350262

That is one huge boil kettle

A work in progress, need to mount the control panel somewhere and finish up my piping :) Painted with flat black enamel. It's surprisingly light and easy to move!

DSC_0550.jpg

Pretty much 100% copied from jpicasso's build. Only thing left to do is mount the pulley and cleat. Dont know why the pic orientation is all screwy

20160807_204042.jpg

Here is a potential setup for a poor man's electric build:

palletbrewstand_zpsb701dbc9.png

Step one: cut pallet in half
Step two: put kegs on pallet

Simple as that and I haven't seen this done. It seems like it would be a tight squeeze but nothing beats free :D

This really has me thinking. The cost of building a metal stand is crazy. I'd love to have one, but got to question the value vs function. Did you ever chop up a pallet to make this for yourself? This makes me think about making a pallet table. In my case having a brew stand cleverly disguised as a piece of diy outdoor furniture would go over better with SWMBO.

My basic 3 tiers brew stand.
In the next few weeks, I'll be changing my HLT for a new Kettle so I can mount a second propane burner under it.
Also, I'll get some plumbing up there to help with filling the HLT.
Plus needs a black paint.

20161113_142143_resized.jpg

My brother got this work bench for free from a family friend. Don't know if we should mount burners on top or cut holes... Maybe just scrap the entire wood top. Any suggestions?

PicsArt_01-11-08.33.56.jpg

My brother got this work bench for free from a family friend. Don't know if we should mount burners on top or cut holes... Maybe just scrap the entire wood top. Any suggestions?

wrong thread mate - this is WOOD brew stand thread.
although personally i would love to have something like this, so many possibilities.

Looks like a unique CIP system where you turn the room upside down to dry.

Need a thread on how to do this, that would so much easier than a vacuum and air compressor to suck/blow the water out of my herms coil and pumps.

Can you explain what this is. I honestly don't understand what I'm looking at.

Its a homemade BrewEasy system. 2 vessel recirculating system. The bottom part is a fusti that acts as the kettle/fermenter. Pumps to the top vessel that acts as the mash tun.

Latest posts

Back