Thank you, And Hello!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCal-Doug

Reaction score
I've been lurking on the forum for a few months and felt the urge to give a big thanks for the amazing amount of information and knowledge there is here, and to everyone that shares their skills, know-how, ideas and lessons-learned.

I've been brewing on and off for many years and have built up a few contraptions. After a two year hiatus from brewing, I jumped in with all 5 left feet again... And loving it :) I can't wait to smell that hot grain again with my old (and some new) brewing buddies.

My next work-in-progress sculpture is kind of a hybrid clustermess. Take a brew-magic frame and plumbing concept. Make it a HERMS instead of RIMS. Add heating elements but incorporate burners (faster heating, impatience, rotating batches at only 30 amps [boil on propane, mash on electric], 110V option when I bring the system to a friends place without 220V). Finally, stick a partially plagiarized "Kal" control panel on the side, modified for some options of my own.

Still need to install sight glasses, more wiring, labels, propane lines and valves, fab a few more brackets and widgets, then rip it apart and take it to the powder coat shop. I dug out my old recipe binder and started getting them into BeerSmith. Hoping to be brewing again in the next few weeks, but this miserable hot and humid weather has been killing my motivation.

If there's anyone in the Inland Empire area of Southern California that wants to brew, compare notes, or tip one sometime, lemme know.

Have a great day everyone, and thanks again for all that you do for the hobby!
Doug

Rig081117.jpg

Panel081117.jpg

Back