Shout out to Halifax Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdlev

Reaction score
Just wanted to say how impressed I was with Ray's operation over at Halifax Hops.

I stumbled across his thread in here saying he still had a few varieties so I pm'd him and said if he would send me some of his biggest honkin hops, I'd buy a few rhizomes from him and ended up picking a few cascades, cents, and my personal favorite fuggles! He said he'd dig them up and ship them out within a week.

Long story short...he ships them to me a few days early...and they're about twice the size of the previous rhizomes I had gotten (one time from my LHBS and one time from freshhops.com - both of which failed miserably). He also sent a couple extra smaller ones, and one of the fuggles was a monster 3 stem rhizome with a bunch of new nodes popping out already.

I planted them last Thursday. The fuggles have ALREADY sprouted to a height of about 3 inches in less than 1 week!

I decided to blog about my growing experiences...feel free to check it out at hoptopia.blogspot.com

And thanks a ton Ray! Your hops certainly lived up to my wild expectations :D

-Jeff

+1

Got my rhizomes in short order for a great price. Will definitely do business with Halifaxhops again!

Haven't gotten then in the ground yet (got them yesterday) but will be soon! I can't wait.

+1

Cascades are up, Willamette and Fuggle are still slacking.

Thanks to Halifax! \,,/

I'll add to the list of satified customers. Got some nice size magnum's and hallertau's in no time flat. Just waiting on the snow to melt to get them in the ground now.

Another satisfied customer here! I bought Cascade, Centennial & Fuggle. For some reason the Fuggle didn't sprout and he sent me a new one right away that already had some nice growth on it. Excellent service! Thanks Ray!

No prob it is not a job for me but a hobby. Retired Specops and need something to do except for the wife to *****. She loves when money comes in...........25 ys of it.........LO inside

Back