Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AsherF

Reaction score
Ok so I know there have been a lot of ridiculous questions about using a magnetic stirrer on a keg, but I think I have a real use for it. I am looking to agitate a 3 gal keg I use for seltzer. I have a waterline and float set up so that it always stays full, and I don't have to constantly fill it for seltzer. However, it takes a bit for it to work. I already have an airstone, but some agitation would be great to get it carbonated as flat water is added.

I have this Continuous Soda Carbonator Keg Lid | MoreBeer
and it works but as water is added it gets flatter than I would like and I don't want to constantly take the keg out and shake it. Any ideas?

Other than buying a McCann Carbonator, that is!

I have also looked at adding a recirculating pump but the lid port won't work because of the float and I thought about using the co2 port for the circulation pump but not sure how I would really get that to work. Maybe a check valve on the co2 line and playing around with pressures so the water can circulate and CO2 can pass through as it is absorbed... shrug.... should have bout the McCann Carbonator.

I have a carbonator float cap on a 3 gal corny in a bm23 kegerator set at 38 degrees. My water (RO) pressure is 42 psi and my CO2 is set to 30. As far as I know the lid uses a little spray bar to mist the water into the keg, which seems to ensure near instant carbonation. I've been drawing from it for about a year and I've never encountered flat water. I would check all of your connections and temp/pressure settings. I have check valves on the water and gas in, but a functioning regulator should ensure gas flow and the minimum pressure in as it's absorbed and dispensed.

Latest posts

Back