Selecting the correct hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THEUKRAINIAN

Reaction score
All,

I have a recipe that I am working on and i was wondering if there is a detailed resource out there that gives the listing of hops and what they offer to the beer. I found a few sites, but nothing that I would expect to see.

most of the reviews have "flowery," as a description in some form or context. I would like see a bit more info in terms of what it really tastes like.

My next batch will have biscuit malt, 80L caramel malt, maybe 10L Caramel Malt and maybe 60L Caramel Malt. I normally brew wheat beers so this will be a wheat beer that i want to be on the sweeter side with a "loaf of bread flavor," with more "flowery," aroma than really bitter on the palate.

thoughts?

All,

I have a recipe that I am working on and i was wondering if there is a detailed resource out there that gives the listing of hops and what they offer to the beer. I found a few sites, but nothing that I would expect to see.

most of the reviews have "flowery," as a description in some form or context. I would like see a bit more info in terms of what it really tastes like.

My next batch will have biscuit malt, 80L caramel malt, maybe 10L Caramel Malt and maybe 60L Caramel Malt. I normally brew wheat beers so this will be a wheat beer that i want to be on the sweeter side with a "loaf of bread flavor," with more "flowery," aroma than really bitter on the palate.

thoughts?

This http://www.homebrewstuff.com/hop-profiles seems to have some decent descriptions. What style were you thinking of brewing? Keep in mind that you generally don't want Crystal malt to make up any more than 10% of your grain bill. Maris Otter can lend some nice bready flavors.

This http://www.homebrewstuff.com/hop-profiles seems to have some decent descriptions. What style were you thinking of brewing? Keep in mind that you generally don't want Crystal malt to make up any more than 10% of your grain bill. Maris Otter can lend some nice bready flavors.

I brew mostly Wheat Beers. I have right now Brewers malt, Dark Wheat, and .5 of munich malt. I'm trying to reach a reddish color and relatively sweet flavor with the breaddyness as prominent as possible.

How sweet are you wanting it to be? Do you have an idea of what you want your FG to be? Did that link help at all?

-D

How sweet are you wanting it to be? Do you have an idea of what you want your FG to be? Did that link help at all?

-D

That link is much better than others that i have found. Basically the sweatness im looking for would be compared to a dry, ripe pear. a very small hint of sweetness.

That link is much better than others that i have found. Basically the sweatness im looking for would be compared to a dry, ripe pear. a very small hint of sweetness.

in addition the color to be a deep reddish brown. That is why i added the caramel 80L, for the reds

Back