Say Hi To Our Boy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats

Your life will never be the same (in a very good way) after this day. Spend as much time as possible with him because the years seem to fly by and it doesn't seem such a long time between when they can first walk, and when they are ready to walk out and be on their own.

Oh, and the advice I received when mine was born

Don't push on that soft spot on his head, other than that a baby is pretty durable

Congrats!

If you've never driven with an infant in the car, prepare to freak out about how everyone else is driving on that first ride home. Well, I freaked anyway.

Congrats!

If you've never driven with an infant in the car, prepare to freak out about how everyone else is driving on that first ride home. Well, I freaked anyway.

hehe...luckily it's right down the street. Some friends of ours up the street had theirs 3 weeks early, so they didn't have a carseat installed yet, and when they took her home, she had to hold him in her lap, and he drove literally 5 mph the whole way.

I've got my carseat in already...thank FSM for the LATCH system...easy as pie! :D

Grats man! Glad to hear everyone is well and healthy. Oh yeah...and enjoy that black tar poop stuff! Nobody told me about that for our first baby :D.

Some friends of ours up the street had theirs 3 weeks early, so they didn't have a carseat installed yet, and when they took her home, she had to hold him in her lap,
I've got my carseat in already...thank FSM for the LATCH system...easy as pie! :D

Is this a joke??
Our hospital comes out and makes sure you have a car seat and that it is properly secured. They will not let you leave with baby without this. I'm surprised they were able/willing to drive home with their newborn in their lap. I understand "just down the street", but couldn't they have gone "just up the street" and picked up a car seat?
Sorry carry on, Congrats again :D

Is this a joke??
Our hospital comes out and makes sure you have a car seat and that it is properly secured. They will not let you leave with baby without this. I'm surprised they were able/willing to drive home with their newborn in their lap. I understand "just down the street", but couldn't they have gone "just up the street" and picked up a car seat?
Sorry carry on, Congrats again :D

No, not a joke, I was surprised too.

Congrats on a great looking kid.

My son is 2.5 now but it seems like just yesterday that he was taking his first breath in the world. Let alone the fact that I now have a 6 month old girl too.

You will not believe how fast time moves now....enjoy every minute of it.

Congrats Evan! :mug: I assume he will be assisting in the brewhouse from now on.

Still gonna be a while yet before I get around to making one of those.

Some new photos...

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_00303.JPG

DSC_00241.JPG

Do NOT hijack Evan!'s thread.

Cute kid. I love 'em when they're somebody else's. I'm so used to seeing carboy pics from you, or pics of you smooching fishies, that it's tough getting used to seeing your boy.

He's definitely a keeper. :)

Hey, OT, what's with all the gnome-suffixes? I know i've been out of the loop here, what with the birth and all.

How do feel about arranged marriages?

CIMG2721.JPG

:D

Seriously, great looking son! How is he doing so far? The first week was incredible for us, I hope you are enjoying it as much as I did. Did you take any time from work?

CIMG2721.JPG

:D

Seriously, great looking son! How is he doing so far? The first week was incredible for us, I hope you are enjoying it as much as I did. Did you take any time from work?

Dude, we are so getting them together :D He's doing great. Latched right on, and has been feeding ever since. Now he's addicted to the paci as well. But yeah, healthy as can be, and VERY calm and quiet compared to the screaming banshee in the next room (you'd think they'd have installed some good sound insulation between rooms in birth recovery suites, but what do I know, I'm just a lowly architect :rolleyes:)

I took the birth day and the day after, came back to work yesterday because Steph's mom is here and I might as well take advantage. I'm at work now, but I'm going up to the hospital in a few minutes to bring the family home. Big day!!!

Hey now, mine already has the white dress!

3706997705_10b14038ab.jpg

Evan!, your first? Congrats either way. Call me crazy but I enjoy the cuddles at 2:00am when trying to get her to burp and go back to sleep. Many a night I just stay up and sit in the lazy chair with her. :eek:

Back