Safebrew T-58

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budchx

Reaction score
Hi,
I brewed a batch of Chimay blue this week end but I forgot to stir my wort after pitching my dry yeast!
Does the fermentation will go through normally?(anyway lots of activity in my airlock but not a lot of krausen...)
Anything I can do now or should I just wait and see?

i never stir in my dry yeast. no worries. the yeasties are hungry, and know what they're doing. they been around a lot longer than we have :D

You might find that the finished beer tastes as if you mistakenly dumped a handful of peppercorns in the kettle. Go with WLP500 or Wyeast 1214 next time if you can get it.

On the couple batches that I used t-58 they didn't have a large krausen. They also finished very fast. I think in 3 days they reached FG. This was also fermenting pretty cold at 62 degrees

JRems said:
On the couple batches that I used t-58 they didn't have a large krausen. They also finished very fast. I think in 3 days they reached FG. This was also fermenting pretty cold at 62 degrees

Now it's fermenting around 72 degrees and still activity in airlock,it been 4 days now.
Might wait for 7 days before taking my FG.
In case it's done,should I wait longer before bottling?(I'm not using a second fermenter for racking)

Not shure your gravity reading but belgians can take months to make.Definatly do not bottle after a week.Whats your og?

jonmohno said:
not shure your gravity reading but belgians can take months to make.definatly do not bottle after a week.whats your og?

og 1073

I would leave it a good 4-5 weeks then in the bottle like a few months,i wouldnt hesitate to check them every now and then.

jonmohno said:
I would leave it a good 4-5 weeks then in the bottle like a few months,i wouldnt hesitate to check them every now and then.

What's the point to leave it for so long in the fermenter if fermentation is done?

To get rid of "green taste". beer drank young and early can taste unbeer like. For me i fermented a little high my first few brews, which made them very estery and fruity.Leaving your beer condition and on its yeast cake a few more weeks will help condition it,giving you a great beer.
I would never bottle after 3-6 days which im pretty shure fermentation is complete with most of my beer mostly using dry yeast.You can but you may not like it.
Minimum for me is 2 weeks but i always do 3 depending on gravity, higher gravity i will do 4 weeks( over 1.06)

jonmohno said:
To get rid of "green taste". beer drank young and early can taste unbeer like. For me i fermented a little high my first few brews, which made them very estery and fruity.Leaving your beer condition and on its yeast cake a few more weeks will help condition it,giving you a great beer.
I would never bottle after 3-6 days which im pretty shure fermentation is complete with most of my beer mostly using dry yeast.You can but you may not like it.
Minimum for me is 2 weeks but i always do 3 depending on gravity, higher gravity i will do 4 weeks( over 1.06)

Thanks a lot for your advises, I'll follow them for sure,
Really appreciate

Back