sabco brew magic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpr210

Reaction score
i posted this on reddit, was hoping to get some opinions here. for those who have used the brew magic, i would like to know about your experience. specifically:

-how easy is it to use?

-how were the results?

-is its complexity adaptable to user skill? i.e. can it do both ag and extract?

-if you had regular access to one without having to buy one, would you use it again in favor of your current system?

-have you tried any other similar systems? if so, do you find any to be qualitatively better? have any of you built a qualitatively better system?

-drawbacks?

plus anything else you want to throw in. thanks!

note: assume price is not an issue, i can read plenty of gripes about the cost. i want to know what is the best system out there and what will yield the best results. also, aesthetics and the warranty are a consideration

Great system! Very easy to use, just follow the steps recommended and you get consistent repeatable results. Big following world-wide on FB, so any and all questions/answers can be found. Plus the Sabco people are always ready to help.

You can do extract, but you won't.

This is my third complete system (stove-top, then gravity feed 10-gal igloo cooler system now this.) Would not consider going back.

My results have been excellent. My IPA's, APA's and Imp Stouts have pulled down some gold and not the same batch, so that tells me the batches are consistent -as advertised.

Couple of drawbacks:
-Price, but there are some good values on used ones out there. Watch this website's classified and ProBrewers.
-Foot print. They take up some space. I have a third car garage so not an issue.
-Weight - The keggles are heavy (25-30 lbs, empty) and I'm not getting any younger. I would like to convert to just SS pots.

There's probably someone in your area with one who would brew with you, if you want check it out

-Weight - The keggles are heavy (25-30 lbs, empty) and I'm not getting any younger. I would like to convert to just SS pots.

There's probably someone in your area with one who would brew with you, if you want check it out

Height is potentially another "con", especially regarding the mash tun. Add in the weight issue and cleaning out the MT can be a PITA. I chose to "solve" that issue by buying a dedicated shop vac to clear out the draff rather than trying to take the MT down off the rig.

Glad you all bumped this thread back up. Looking to “graduate” after years of cooler batch sparging. Interested in other feedback. I did a search earlier but only things that flooded my results were folks selling their brew magic. Made me think people didn’t think highly of this system.

I think the number for sale on the after market is also a testament of how many systems are out there. Sabco's has been making these systems for years and continue to make improvements. Go for the newest model you can afford.

I think the number for sale on the after market is also a testament of how many systems are out there. Sabco's has been making these systems for years and continue to make improvements. Go for the newest model you can afford.
Thanks, John, for your response. As per your earlier post I’m looking over the FB page.

I just bought a 2006 model somewhat impulsively because a guy was clearing house and i decided to get busy living or get busy dying. Brewed one on it haphazardly and enjoyed it (and learned a ton). The simplistic controller doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would but I may try to get in touch with them about upgrading.

Took apart the chill wizard tonight and got it going again, I can't find another one in existence in a black box -- lots of extra hoses and stuff it seems like, probably why theres not many out there.

Attachments

• 47157231_10103545150891413_8394594626064875520_o.jpg
    47157231_10103545150891413_8394594626064875520_o.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 100

Latest posts

Back