RumChata /Horchata

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zyry0301

Reaction score
Hey, so I just saw this article on facebook about recipes for different rumchata drinks. I thought I remember someone telling me that it was really easy to make with rice and stuff. It's basically just a horchata mixed with rum I believe. Does anyone have a clue? I mean it's probably easier to just buy the stuff but where's the fun in that.

http://www.thedarkcellar.com/5-rumchata-drinks-for-fall/

Seems like I saw a recipe for Rumchata online somewhere. I like the stuff, but it's a small portion of my alcohol consumption. It's much more efficient for me to buy it for friends just to get a couple of shots once in a while.

We fell in love with the pumpkin pie martinis while on vacation a few months back. Rumchata is a key ingredient in those. But its darn expensive for a drink base and only has 13% alcohol.

So I started my first homemade batch yesterday following this recipe: http://relishingit.com/tag/rumchata/

Rice is currently soaking. I'm going to use coconut milk and whole milk for the dairy base. I'll let y'all know how it goes in a few days. N_G

Seems like I saw a recipe for Rumchata online somewhere. I like the stuff, but it's a small portion of my alcohol consumption. It's much more efficient for me to buy it for friends just to get a couple of shots once in a while.

this, but for my wife. I got her some Cinnabon Liqueur. that stuff's pretty good too.

So I finished the recipe last night. I used coconut milk and 2 percent milk. It is pretty interesting and tastes very much like rumchata without alcohol. I am going to purchase some rum tonight and try it with that.

I will not be turning it into a pitcher of booze because the kids liked the regular non-alcoholic base.

I used it last night as 2 parts of the base mix added to one part whipped cream vodka and 1 part pumpkin pie liquor. It was wonderful! Don't add anything acidic to the base recipe or it will likely curdle.

I got a good book years ago and have made many varied recipes from it. it's called "Cordials From Your Kitchen" by Pattie Vargas and Rich Gulling. there's a ton of great stuff in there, including 16 pages of recipes for cream base liqueurs.

Back