RTD length??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HellBentBrewCo

Reaction score
I just got a brewershardware RIMS tube and it looks like my 60mm RTD is giong to be too short. What length is everyone else using? Also looks like I need a longer element, any suggestions? I'm looking for low or ultra low density running on 120.

I just got a brewershardware RIMS tube and it looks like my 60mm RTD is giong to be too short. What length is everyone else using? Also looks like I need a longer element, any suggestions? I'm looking for low or ultra low density running on 120.

I have the same RIMS from Derrin. I went with the 4" Thermocouple probe. Also, plumbingsupply.com has the elements you need.

FWIW I had the shorter RTD and was afraid it wouldn't work also. However after a water test and a wort test batch, it seems to work fin for me. Temps lined up perfectly with a thermapen, a cheap digital, and a dial.

Back