Rookie mistake or?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBrewthere4Iam

Reaction score
So over the weekend I noticed a small amount of beer in the bottom of my keezer and figured it was residual from the picnic tap and it just laying in there haphazardly.

Well this morning I had a feeling to check it out. I poured a growler last night, but when done I put the picnic tap with filling wand in an empty growler to catch any over flow.

I opened the lid and there was just over a gallon of beer in the well of the keezer this morning. I assessed the situation and the inly place I could see a "leak" was around the connector. There were bubbles around the collar of the black connector.

The keg had a normal amount of pressure and I am only pouring around 5-6 psi.

So my question is it possiable/ normal to loose that much beer from the connection point? I am attaching a crappy picture.

Thanks ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408449009.059408.jpg

Are the bubbles coming out around the bottom or top of the quick disconnect? You may just have a bad oring on your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It looked like it was coming from the top of the quick disconnect. When I removed it, the post did not seem to have any excess beer around it whereas the quick disconnect was covered

It's not normal for any beer to be leaking. If it's coming out the top of the QD (was the top of the QD wet?) you can try gently tightening it using the large screwdriver slot. If it's coming around the QD, try replacing and lubing the post o-ring.

Latest posts

Back