Robobrew V3 - I should have waited

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veets

Reaction score
Lion Brewing has them on eBay for $225, free shipping to the U.S.
Less than half of what I paid, and it includes the jacket!
Is it believable?

Lion Brewing has them on eBay for $225, free shipping to the U.S.
Less than half of what I paid, and it includes the jacket!
Is it believable?
This seller could be a scam, 0 feedback...
I was quoted $78 each+ shipping if I ordered a bunch from alibaba. It was not the version 3 though and did not specify what accessories came with it.. Just saying this $225 price range could eventually be realistic.

That's probably the version without the pump. Robobrews are MAP priced which basically means the manufacturer sets a price and you can't sell the units for cheaper than that. That's why they're $479 almost everywhere.

That's probably the version without the pump. Robobrews are MAP priced which basically means the manufacturer sets a price and you can't sell the units for cheaper than that. That's why they're $479 almost everywhere.
you mean its set by the distributor? the manufacturer (of the main unit anyway) is selling these direct on alibaba... like I mentioned they quoted me like $78 for one but it likely doesnt include the accessories if they are added by the distributor when they retail package it. and are you sure 479 isnt just the MSRP? this might be a dealer who severed ties and is trying to dump inventory.

Last edited:
That doesn't seem right.. I bought mine (with the pump) from Lion. They sell the non-pump version for $349.
They are selling the pump version for $479 - https://www.ebay.com/itm/282590087504

Could you have somehow gotten on a non-us ebay site which is showing the pricing in a foreign currency?

FWIW, I had no issues whatsoever with the purchase.. It was exactly what it was supposed to be on arrival. I am loving the robobrew.

the sellers that were selling them for less are now missing so I'm willing to bet someone hacked their ebay accounts. This is becoming more and more common. Someone did it with grainfathers last year as well.

you mean its set by the distributor? the manufacturer (of the main unit anyway) is selling these direct on alibaba... like I mentioned they quoted me like $78 for one but it likely doesnt include the accessories if they are added by the distributor when they retail package it. and are you sure 479 isnt just the MSRP? this might be a dealer who severed ties and is trying to dump inventory.

I work at my LHBS and the owner told us all the minimum price of $479 is set by the manufacturer and if we sold them for cheaper or discounted then and they found out about it they wouldn't sell us anymore Robobrews.

I work at my LHBS and the owner told us all the minimum price of $479 is set by the manufacturer and if we sold them for cheaper or discounted then and they found out about it they wouldn't sell us anymore Robobrews.

This is not uncommon in a brand/distributor relationship.

I bought the RoboBrew from Lion Brewing when ebay was running a 15% off coupon and bought it for $250 US dollars. It was generation 3, but one without the pump as I already had a chugger pump. Still a good price. Now I can brew inside during the hot summer months in Texas.

Back