Question: Grainfather g30 v2 or v3?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Newbie here, so please bear with me if i'm not using the forum correctly to ask this question.

My question is: I have a line on a good deal on a brand new GrainFather g30 v2 at at least a 300+ discount, still in the box.

However, most folks say that the v3 is much better, especially with the way the screens and middle tube is constructed.

Is it possible to get the g30 v2 and get the new bits from the g30 v3 and get the same advantage? Or should i just wait a few months to spend the extra money on the g30 v3?

thanks, and feel free to point me somewhere if this question has already been answered.

I just ordered the G30v3 basket. It “upgrades” my v2 basket to the v3. Problem is, Northern Brewer sells it for $300 and Grainfather sells it for $200 but out of stock.

On the v3, they moved the switch from the bottom to the side. It’s up to you on which way to go on this.

Back