• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold RIMS controller - 110V - $200

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kleinebrouwer

Reaction score
RIMS controller. Controls pump and heating element to hit your target mash temp.

110V power
Temperature control comes from a Auber EZboil.
There is a safety interlock that keeps the heating element from turning on if the pump is on (so you don’t scorch your wort).
I used this with a 1650W (120V) heating element, so it will work on a 15A circuit. The wiring is good for 20A, though, so you could use a larger element if you wanted.
There is an additional temperature input to measure a second temperature. (This temperature reading isn’t in the control loop, I just wanted it to monitor the temperature of the liquid coming out of the brew kettle.)
I'll include the schematic with controller.

This was a fun project and works great. I'm moving and won't have room for my brew gear. :(

$200 + shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_9543.jpeg
    IMG_9543.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9544.jpeg
    IMG_9544.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9545.jpeg
    IMG_9545.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9546.jpeg