resweetening wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penhersh

Reaction score
I am new at this. My first batch of wine was a chilian merlot from a kit. I don't know what happened, but it turned out too weak, a little vinegary and somewhat cloudy. I am now trying my hand at a base fruit can of apricot. It has been fermenting well. I think everything is going okay. My question is... On the can it says you can sweeten the wine if it turns out to be too dry. It does not say how to do that. I assume you dissolve the sugar before adding it. I don't know. anyway know how and when to do this, please let me know. thanks.

I thought I posted here,but maybe not.:confused:

This will have to Be quick
You can Buy somthing called potasium sorbate when the wine Is done fermenting Add that with Sodium Metabisulfite first,And you can also Buy sterile Filters that The yeast can't pass through.

Or MLF bacteria, but for that you can use Lysozyme to kill bacteria to sweetin with Sorbate.

Malactic fermentation coverts the Malactic acid into a softer Buttery acid lactic acid(found in milk)used when A PH Is to low or High acid

Back