Republic of Cascadia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We should get everything north of Redding down in Cali. That whole section of northern cali is really cascadia land, and not californication land. Drive through there, look at the big ole pine forests and tell me I'm wrong!

so, what you're saying is that we should offer the State of Jefferson to come along with us? Im down. Its a beautiful area with the Redwoods and coast!

Jefferson-State-Secede5oct08b.gif

Yea definately. The 1941 counties in the image are exactly what I'm talking about. I've talked to people down there, they are game!

not yet im finishing a book called Hunger Games after that it next on the hopper

I think i want to start this as a club or something whadda think is that dumb?

........this is the most see-through sham of post whoredom ever.

52 posts, and 43 of them are the OP.;)

Mmmmmmmm, my kentuckian dark ale made with all English and German hops is DELICIOUS.

........this is the most see-through sham of post whoredom ever.

52 posts, and 43 of them are the OP.;)

Mmmmmmmm, my kentuckian dark ale made with all English and German hops is DELICIOUS.
Holy **** he's right ...damn I guess I'm an attention whore ...everyone look at me!

I like your idea of a Tacoma Homebrew club. I'd sign up for that.

Exactly I mean theres a club around but there shrouded in mystery and they only meet the 2nd friday of the month at Beer Essentials.....sorry i keep postwhoring

I would be down for a brew club as well. Lemme know what happens with this idea.

I signed the petition to privatize liquor sells. The guy was out side of wally world so its not just cost co.

Well, I may consider volunteering a house for a brew club meeting or two. Not necessarily my house, there are quite a few vacant ones in the area we could use. Or maybe my house would be easier. Either way.

Of course, what ever we do will have to be shrouded in mystery and arcane ritual.

I too am interested in the aforementioned club, I am a wee bit south of JBLM though. Also, I'd recommend Butte County CA be included in this Cascadia Venture.

I'm good at that kinda stuff ... count me in. :mug:
Looks like mystery and arcane rituals will be your responsibility !

I too am interested in the aforementioned club, I am a wee bit south of JBLM though. Also, I'd recommend Butte County CA be included in this Cascadia Venture.

Good to see more interest being drummed up for this. Now we need to find a good location or locations for our clandestine operations

what are your thoughts on Parkway tavern or Red Hots up on 6th Ave in Tacoma ...plus im from PDX so I have alot of places down there as well....and I live above the Harmon Brewery ...I want to make this a reality so lemme know people !

what are your thoughts on Parkway tavern or Red Hots up on 6th Ave in Tacoma ...plus im from PDX so I have alot of places down there as well....and I live above the Harmon Brewery ...I want to make this a reality so lemme know people !

Love the Red Hot, just went there last night for my B-Day. Try to go about once a week. I like the rotating tap handles.

Been to the Parkway a few times but it's always so damn crowded. They're heavy on the hoppy beers, but I don't mind that. My buddy is a bartender so I get pretty good service.

You should try Jakes Bistro in Steilacoom. Pricey food and drinks but nice selection and awesome view.

OK sorry about the lagtime ROC ers theres a 1st annual Pro-AM homebrew competition at Parkway Tavern. I want us to attack this with so much force that the hot chick at the spar bar becomes pregnant! what are your thoughts ..oh oh oh ...pick up a flyer at beer essentials or the station u brew in puyallup. entries accepted between jul17th thru Aug 1st at parkway tavern beer esstentials or the station in Pulyallup

No need for the hostility. Besides, I'm pretty sure this isn't a thread on the Black IPA vs CDA...PNW vs. VT/TX debate. Besides, most intelligent folks know what Greg did was more of a hoppy Porter/Stout. CDA is not a hoppy Porter/Stout.

Carry on....

But the hoppy porter/stout is better

Black IPA is just an IPA with color in it, there aint much sense in that IMNSHO

Oooh look, I made and IPA and spilled some Sinimar init

I know there are some that are using Sinimar, and I would agree with you that those that do aren't doing it right and it's just coloring. But I think those that aren't and are getting a good balance between roast and hops are doing a damn good job. But if you take the hops away I wouldn't call the base a porter or a stout.

I like the Cat 14D idea myself. 23 is just too jumbled for this to go in there.

If the republic of cascadia secedes from the union, how hard is it going to be to gain citizenship and move there?

OK sorry about the lagtime ROC ers theres a 1st annual Pro-AM homebrew competition at Parkway Tavern. I want us to attack this with so much force that the hot chick at the spar bar becomes pregnant! what are your thoughts ..oh oh oh ...pick up a flyer at beer essentials or the station u brew in puyallup. entries accepted between jul17th thru Aug 1st at parkway tavern beer esstentials or the station in Pulyallup

I saw this, but don't think I'll have anything ready. I'm doing my first all-grain today, but by next year I should be able to come up with something.

Actually, after looking at it, I may have an extract smash ready that is more than a little tasty.

Black IPA is just an IPA with color in it, there aint much sense in that IMNSHO

I've never had a "Black IPA" that didn't have a very detectable roast quality to it. Deschutes Hop in the Dark and Widmer W-10 were the last couple I had. Are there better examples of a Black IPA?

We should get everything north of Redding down in Cali. That whole section of northern cali is really cascadia land, and not californication land. Drive through there, look at the big ole pine forests and tell me I'm wrong!

You can have everything but Humboldt ;)

Back