Removing vinyl tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-ost

Reaction score
The search did not turn up much for me so I was hoping someone had some advice.

My kegs and CO2 are all kept in the fridge. Right now I have a single CO2 line running from my regulator and I have to switch it between my 2 kegs when serving. I bought a stainless 3-way barbed fitting so I could split my CO2 to both kegs.

Here is my issue, I need to disconnect the line that is currently coming from my regulator (vinyl tubing on barbed fitting). I can't for the life of me get this damn tubing off... I've tried straight pulling, holding it under warm/hot water and pulling, a "chinese finger trap" method, and nothing seems to be budging it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

sharp blade, split the tubing over the barbed area and peel off with fingers or pliers. simple - don't cut yourself!

Thanks for confirming what I thought. I just wanted to ask before I got out a razor blade.

Very hot water for ~30 seconds has always worked for me, occasionally a slight twist is needed but I've never had to cut. The tubing needs to warm up to soften, splashing a little warm water won't do it.

Back