Regulator Leaking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevo2569

Reaction score
So I disconnected the Co2 and went and got it refilled. Brought it back and hooked it up. After setting the psi it hisses out from behind the knob and just keeps on going so I've turned the Co2 off for now and just turn it back on at serving so not to loose all my pressure.

Is my regulator screwed or can I fix it?
It's a tap-rite dual gauge with a twin splitter. Thanks...

Had this happen to me once. My research at the time showed that it was best/cheapest to just buy a new regulator.

You can pick up replacement diaphragms and try to repair, but it is a delicate task and you are likely to ruin a gasket in the process. If it doesn't go smooth on the first attempt, you may wish you didn't waste the time.

I bought a new unit, but saved my old one with the intent of dissecting it later and possibly fixing it so I'd have a backup. Three years later it still waits in my shop.

TrainSafe said:
Had this happen to me once. My research at the time showed that it was best/cheapest to just buy a new regulator.

You can pick up replacement diaphragms and try to repair, but it is a delicate task and you are likely to ruin a gasket in the process. If it doesn't go smooth on the first attempt, you may wish you didn't waste the time.

I bought a new unit, but saved my old one with the intent of dissecting it later and possibly fixing it so I'd have a backup. Three years later it still waits in my shop.

Thanks for the reply. I just unscrewed the knob pulled out all the parts( some had moisture on them like the diaphram) cleaned them off and reassembled. Works like new now. I'm stoked thought I was going to have to fork out the cash for a new one.

Well it worked for a little while but now it's leaking again. Anybody have any experience with these?

Ok thanks anyways. Usually you guys are a lot of help. I've seen way more replies for noobs with infection questions, where 40 people respond rite away with the same answer.
Well I figured it out on my own. I took it apart again and tightened the needle valve nut about a quarter turn put it back together and presto, just like new. Thanks anyways.

If you had a picture I might have been able to help. I had an issue where my regulator was leaking out of a little hole underneath the screw. I ordered a repair kit and it fixed it and now it works great. Without seeing a picture I'm not sure if you have/had the same problem.

ps - the kegging board doesn't get quite as much action as the beginner's forum, but sometimes threads can just get lost on here.

Ok thanks anyways. Usually you guys are a lot of help. I've seen way more replies for noobs with infection questions, where 40 people respond rite away with the same answer.
Well I figured it out on my own. I took it apart again and tightened the needle valve nut about a quarter turn put it back together and presto, just like new. Thanks anyways.

Did you seriously get whiny because no one had given you the answer to this yet? For real?

Drink a beer and man up.

jd3 said:
Did you consider that perhaps it had not had many responses because 1) it fell some pages back in the quick forum 2) not many people have had experience with leaking regulator problems 3) being a whiny little girl gets you no where?

Next time maybe you should try searching:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/gtsearch.php?cx=016873362520281466893%3Axvnx8yvgpla&cof=FORID%3A11&q=leaking+regulator&siteurl=www.homebrewtalk.com%2Ff36%2Fbroke-my-thermometer-253143%2F

I always use the search before starting a thread. I was unable to get an answer for your info.
So you weren't mad when nobody answered your breakfast stout thread?

Did you consider that perhaps it had not had many responses because 1) it fell some pages back in the quick forum 2) not many people have had experience with leaking regulator problems 3) being a whiny little girl gets you no where?

Next time maybe you should try searching:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/gtsear...brewtalk.com/f36/broke-my-thermometer-253143/

Yeah 12 hours is a bit quick for bumping your own thread. Made worse by complaining that no one wants to help you, even though you pretty much ignored the first reply and already fixed it yourself twice.

I always use the search before starting a thread. I was unable to get an answer for your info.
So you weren't mad when nobody answered your breakfast stout thread?

While I find it cute that you went through my posts to find that, you might also notice I didn't do the "whoa is me, I'm a little ***** and need someone to cup my balls while I cray a river", routine.

Here is what I said:
SO no one has done any caffeinated brews, eh?

THREE DAYS LATER.

And I let it go, but will update my thread after bottling.

...So you weren't mad when nobody answered your breakfast stout thread?

I wasn't mad when no one replied to my first AG/BIAB/Boil thread (in my sig) for more than 5 months. Then the only reply was asking what I thought of the Sticklebratk (sp?) hops ;)

Ok ok. You put it in perspective for me. I was frustrated that I had a problem. Sorry to everyone. Please forgive me.
Hopefully that puts me back in the good graces of the beer gods.

mattd2 said:
I wasn't mad when no one replied to my first AG/BIAB/Boil thread (in my sig) for more than 5 months. Then the only reply was asking what I thought of the Sticklebratk (sp?) hops ;)

What do you think of Sticklebrafk?

What do you think of Sticklebrafk?

Was expecting that ;)
It is my go to hops... which is not saying much as it is the only hop I have in bulk in my freezer! It is nice, good bittering (i think it's 10-11% AA) and nice citrus flavour.

you probably figured out your leak but for any one that has this problem it is that white nylon washer has been compressed to much replace that with a new one and try

Back