Really Hoppy with a peach finish

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

columbus

Reaction score
I want to make an IPA with a light peach aftertaste. I don't want the peach flavoring to be too powerful. A nice sweet fruity flavor at the end of end sip is all I'm looking for.

Any suggestions??

I thought about finding a recipe for a really great IPA. Right at the end of the boil I would add peach flavoring either as peach slices or as a concentrate (if I can find a peach concentrate).

I only have room and equipment for liquid malt extract.

-columbus

Your local HBS should have peach flavoring; I'd use 2oz of the stuff to get the desired flavor at bottling/kegging time. It's a lot safer than messing with the actual fruit IMHO. :mug:

Isn't there a yeast strand that would give off a peach ester if it were fermented at a higher tempurature?

OT - HopToIt I might have to make a trip out to Johnson City to see what you guys have (and to eat some chicken fried steak at the diner at the 281 intersection)

Isn't there a yeast strand that would give off a peach ester if it were fermented at a higher tempurature?

OT - HopToIt I might have to make a trip out to Johnson City to see what you guys have (and to eat some chicken fried steak at the diner at the 281 intersection)

It seems to me that S05 gives a peachy aftertaste when fermented at low temps, like 62 degrees. I have an IPA now fermenting at 62, and I'm expecting some peachy esters.

It seems to me that S05 gives a peachy aftertaste when fermented at low temps, like 62 degrees. I have an IPA now fermenting at 62, and I'm expecting some peachy esters.

Thanks Yoop, knew there was some info on here about a type of yeast that threw off some peach flavors!

My blonde uses Glacier with S-05. Every score sheet I've gotten notes peaches and occasionally iced tea.

Excellent! We'd love to meet ya and gain your business. There's also a new micro-brewery here in town - Pecan Street Brewery, that you might want to check out also..:mug:

BTW - we're almost directly across the street from the restaurant you're speaking of.

I brewed an IPA with Wyeast 1272 American II. I fermented a tad warm (upper 60s) and definitely got a peachy nose and finish to it. Not overwhelming, but very noticeable to me.

Excellent! We'd love to meet ya and gain your business. There's also a new micro-brewery here in town - Pecan Street Brewery, that you might want to check out also..:mug:

BTW - we're almost directly across the street from the restaurant you're speaking of.

Sounds great, just need a free weekend to drive the hour up there. Not to throw this thing way off topic, but hows the beer at Pecan's, have you tried any?

Sounds great, just need a free weekend to drive the hour up there. Not to throw this thing way off topic, but hows the beer at Pecan's, have you tried any?

Sure have; Sean (the brewer) is a good buddy of mine.:rockin:

Right now he's got 4 or 5 micro-brews on tap to try - ranging from a wheat to a stout.. It's got great ambiance on the weekends with the live music in the back. Check 'em out!

that's what i was thinking, s-05 in the low low 60s and maybe some late citra hops, i've noticed those to have a touch of peachiness to them when used in moderation.

Back