Real problem, can't find a beer my wife doesn't like!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgremark

Reaction score
Before I started brewing she would have 1 or 2 beers a weeks and I never had a problem keeping my garage frig full but now that I HB she drinks with me every day!
I have tried stouts, ales, wheats, everything, made them really high ABV and some low ABV (which I won't drink:cross:)
And now I have to brew every week almost!

What am I to do?

And don't say go back to store boughten, it just ain't going to happen!

dgremark said:
Before I started brewing she would have 1 or 2 beers a weeks and I never had a problem keeping my garage frig full but now that I HB she drinks with me every day!
I have tried stouts, ales, wheats, everything, made them really high ABV and some low ABV (which I won't drink:cross:)

What am I to do?

Nothing to be don

iceman1407

dgremark said:

What am I to do?

Nothing to be done!! Could be worse ya know?! She could hate it and ***** all the time about you brewing. You know what you ought to do is get her a starter kit and let her in on the fin by brewing a batch of her own!!

iceman1407

Yeah I'm with iceman... A wife that drinks HAS to supportive of the obsession.

Can't wait until Baby#2 is out of de oven so that we can start to drink together....

Brew a stout with Bhut Jolokia peppers, unless she is a chili head she might take a sip and feel like her insides are on fire and give up on it, then you will have a beer neither of you can drink. :drunk:

Brew a stout with Bhut Jolokia peppers, unless she is a chili head she might take a sip and feel like her insides are on fire and give up on it, then you will have a beer neither of you can drink. :drunk:

I thought about that for about 1 second, my wife is Hispanic and loves chili's!

I also asked her if she wanted to help brew and she said "you make them so good I wouldn't want to ruin it"

I guess I will have to go to 10 gal batches..................................:ban: It's just alot more work.......on a great hobby!

What am I to do?

Wish I had your problem! :D

I've got the same.. um.. "problem".:mug:
Lots of work to keep up but being the provider of good beer tends to get me out of other chores! :ban:

I should have added "it's all of your fault!"

You guys made this happen because you all taught me so well!

I've got the same.. um.. "problem".:mug:
Lots of work to keep up but being the provider of good beer tends to get me out of other chores! :ban:

Now that is a very good idea, honey I'll brew and you mow the lawn! :rockin:

edb23 said:
Ha I wish I had the same problem.

my SWMBO only drinks bud light lime...

You too huh?? Let's get those two together, buy them a case of bl lime and go brew on the deck

iceman1407

Sounds like a plan to me. I always try and brew beers she might like with some fruit in it, but everything is "too thick" for her since i refuse to brew anything with a FG of 1.000

Heck, my girlfriend bought me the starter kit that gave me this obsessi... er, hobby.

She's helped me brew every batch except the one I'm doing today - she's stuck at work.

edb23 said:
Sounds like a plan to me. I always try and brew beers she might like with some fruit in it, but everything is "too thick" for her since i refuse to brew anything with a FG of 1.000

Where abouts are you guys located??

iceman1407

I can't even get mine to drink bud lime. She's a good sport and has a sip of every beer. She does enjoy lindemens pomme.... I am making her a reisling. Keep her on my good graces. Good luck with your "problem" haha

It's gotten worse!

She invited several of her friend from work over to try some next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's one thing me and a few of the bubs but these are all ladies..............................then again things maybe looking up!

Wish I had your problem. I love a women who drinks beer, can't get mine to even try it without making a type of gagging sound.

So I can't figure out the "problem" here... She loves your beer, brings friends over...you get to brew a lot. Sounds like win/win/win!!!

my wife is 1 of those that says "when are you gonna be done and come in?" doesn't drink at all. if she cheered me on to do it, i'd be lovin' it :fro:

Just tell her, 'Honey, I need a 10 gallon brewing rig, a conical fermentor, an extra refridgerator and a kegging system...'

If your wife likes your beer, consider yourself lucky. She will be supportive of the hobby/obsession. If she didn't, resentments may smolder. I am brewing at least 11-12 gallons at a time now in keggles. It is the same amount of work as doing 5 gal at a time. My daughter and I just did 22 gal in one day with one mashtun and it only took about 1 extra hour because the setup and cleanup is most of the work.

If your wife likes your beer, consider yourself lucky. She will be supportive of the hobby/obsession. If she didn't, resentments may smolder. I am brewing at least 11-12 gallons at a time now in keggles. It is the same amount of work as doing 5 gal at a time. My daughter and I just did 22 gal in one day with one mashtun and it only took about 1 extra hour because the setup and cleanup is most of the work.

holynecropost-49466.jpg

Back