Rapidyne 25%

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found a titration rate of 12.5ppm 1oz to 26gal and 25ppm 1oz to 13gal online. This I figured works out to 25ppm =2.27cc (45.4drops) per gal or 12ppm = 1.37cc (27.2 drops) per gal.

Can anybody verify this?

In looking at the information on this product it appears to be a concentrated version of the B-T-F Iodophor product. It should work the same if used to achieve the amber colored sanitizing concentration normally used in brewing. The fun part of use will be adding drops instead of capfull to 5 gallons of water to reach amber color. I would suppose it will color things darker and faster than the regular Iodophor concentration so choose the location you use the concentrate so as to not leave lasting marks where SWMBO will have issues with stains. Not having any information on dilution of product before use it appears that it is used full strength when added to the water, and adding water to solution in container will probably give negative results.

Back