Ball and Keg Level indicator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. They are the most basic, accurate, user-friendly keg level indicators on the market if your set-up allows. The reason I don't use them and went my DIY route is because I have a three keg kegerator. The front two kegs would be easy to read. The back keg would be almost impossible. If you only have two kegs, a keezer, or another set-up where your kegs are easily visible, the ball and keg should work out just fine.

That would be a pita to use in a keezer, imo, but I suppose it'd work...

full_keezer_13jun23_1.jpg

Cheers!

Well, for me with a one keg kegerator might be cool. Kinda gives me an idea on when to get the next batch going so I can have a little less lag time for the keg. But, for now, I run a batch in bottles and a batch in the keg so I think I am good. Just thought it was a cool and inexpensive way to follow the level of the keg.

On a side note, that must be a ***** to clean all those lines. LOL.

I've used their keg level indicators for years and they really are slick. I have a fridge that holds four kegs and it is quite easy to position them so you can see the beads on all four. The large magnet can be used to move them around to any position on the keg. My friend has a small keezer and also uses them. As long as you have a few inches between kegs it should be no problem. A couple tips with them, leave the large black magnet on the keg until you have it where you want it in the fridge. Use the same magnet any time you are moving the keg.

I have room for four kegs in my kegerator, so I use four. I marked one of my kegs because the outside ball falls with 2-3 beers left, so I pull it right near the end.

The only drawback I see is that I purge my kegs before filling and this wouldn't allow that.
Mine all stay in my kegs and I never remove them during cleaning, sanitizing, purging or filling. There should be no problem for you with that.

I have used them for years and they work great. An easy way to see how much beer is in the keg. I throw the balls in my keg washer as I wash the kegs and also sanitze them and I have had no issues.

John

Latest posts

Back