Cider is too sweet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alphadawg

Reaction score
I tried making 2.5 gallons of hard cider and basically followed the Brulosphy recipe. It was for a 5 gallon batch and called for 2 12 oz cans of concentrate after fermentation and chemical stabilization. I used 1 can of concentrate. My cider is too sweet. Is there anything I can do at this point? (I now remember that I did not stir in the concentrate, I just added the cider to a keg with the concentrate already in it.)

Depending on how gently you added the cider to the keg, it's possible you've got a layer of concentrate at the bottom of the keg. Since that's where your dip-tube takes from, try gently mixing the keg and see if this helps, keeping in mind that some sweet cider may still be in the dip-tube. So try a couple of glasses after mixing.

If it's still too sweet you could always blend it with another, drier batch?

Never feel dumb about this stuff, we all do silly stuff from time to time. One of the last brews I was going to bottle never made it into bottles. I left the spigot open on the bottling bucket while i was syphoning into it. At least it was in the sink...

Back