Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to change my starters.....
3Tightends.jpeg

Please tell me you cut the ruler off at 9.5" !!

Edited:
Where is your frozen tundra? Here in MN we're usually the first to complain of these weather changes....
No, that’s how much snow we had.

Our frozen tundra is in N Central MT, just a few miles south of the Canadian border. This is actually the 3rd significant snowfall we’ve had this fall. The first one was in mid Sept. And winter, by the calendar at least, is still about 6 weeks away.

No, that’s how much snow we had.

Our frozen tundra is in N Central MT, just a few miles south of the Canadian border. This is actually the 3rd significant snowfall we’ve had this fall. The first one was in mid Sept. And winter, by the calendar at least, is still about 6 weeks away.

Are you near Shelby?
I was "arrested" by Barney Fife in Shelby going through town on my touring motorcycle. I was going 38. The speed limit was 35. I'm dead serious. The whole scene played out like Mayberry..... O'l Barney was quite full of himself. I think he still had his bullet in his front shirt pocket though.....Cost me 75 bucks.

Are you near Shelby?
I was "arrested" by Barney Fife in Shelby going through town on my touring motorcycle. I was going 38. The speed limit was 35. I'm dead serious. The whole scene played out like Mayberry..... O'l Barney was quite full of himself. I think he still had his bullet in his front shirt pocket though.....Cost me 75 bucks.
I’m about 150 miles east and 40 miles north of Shelby. In MT that’s considered “just down the road”.

I’m about 150 miles east and 40 miles north of Shelby. In MT that’s considered “just down the road”.

I hate to pry, but would that put you at Simpson?
I absolutely love Montana!.... Where a 50,000 acre ranch is considered a "small hobby farm"...…..
I used to take my boys to Big Sky for some serious snowboarding.
Beats the small bumps they call ski resorts in Minnesota...….

I hate to pry, but would that put you at Simpson?
I absolutely love Montana!.... Where a 50,000 acre ranch is considered a "small hobby farm"...…..
I used to take my boys to Big Sky for some serious snowboarding.
Beats the small bumps they call ski resorts in Minnesota...….
No, we’re about 40 miles east of there. My farm is near a little homestead-era town called Hogeland. The population is 13 when all the college kids are home for Christmas and the two snowbirds aren’t in AZ. It’s not on your way to anywhere; you have to go there on purpose.

We live in Billings, the largest city in the state, part of the time. When I retire, in 2 or 3 more years, we’ll live there full time.

No, we’re about 40 miles east of there. My farm is near a little homestead-era town called Hogeland. The population is 13 when all the college kids are home for Christmas and the two snowbirds aren’t in AZ. It’s not on your way to anywhere; you have to go there on purpose.

We live in Billings, the largest city in the state, part of the time. When I retire, in 2 or 3 more years, we’ll live there full time.

Thanks for sharing.
Your place sounds absolutely wonderful.

Sorry about your dad. Glad you got to share some brews with him, even if he didn't always like 'em. You got to hang out with him and that's what matters.

I lost my dad a few years ago. WWII Navy vet. He enjoyed the brews I brought him and I enjoyed tipping a few with him.

very sorry about your Dad, glad you got to share your brew with him. It is my honor to call him, "Shipmate" and I thank him for his service

Happy Veterans Day all you fuggers!!!

Getting my free dinner at Chilli's. At least that's the plan for now.

View attachment 652136

I’m thinking about a local steakhouse tavern. Veterans get the petite 8oz steak or $10.99 towards something else, plus kids eat free Monday’s and Tuesday’s. I’m trying to decide between a full rack of ribs for $12 or the ribeye for $11 after discount. Don’t forget to tip as if you didn’t have any discount!

BTW, happy belated birthday @Schlenkerla and all other Jarheads here!

the BigHair took me to lunch at the Buffalo Wing Factory. better beer selection (a LOT of local, I had Lost Rhino New River pale ale. no pic!) than BWW, the wings are usually bigger, I'm guessing they saved the smallest pieces to give away (& all you can eat nights) but they are better than BWW.

I raise that ale to toast my veteran brothers- and sisters-in-arms, it was an honor to serve with you, and a privilege to call some of you "Shipmate"

And to the veterans of the home front. To the Moms & Dads, brothers & sisters, sons and daughters, all who make serving the honor it is and coming home the best part.

Cheers!

minionsquid.jpg

All of these horrible things “known to the State of California” makes me wonder why MY state is so stupid!
Minnesota doesn’t know ANY of this stuff!

Just WHO is "The State of California"? Is it a person? A Committee? A public interest group?
How does a "State" have knowledge?

sworange.jpg

All of these horrible things “known to the State of California” makes me wonder why MY state is so stupid!

Just WHO is "The State of California"? Is it a person? A Committee? A public interest group?

View attachment 652286

The reference is to California Proposition 65 which was passed some 32 years ago requiring the labeling of any product which may contain a substance which has known carcinogenic or reproductive harm properties. It has been taken to the inevitable extremes of interpretation and litigation to the extent that they had to issue and exemption for coffee so that coffee shops did not have to list a prop 65 warning for all their customers (about the coffee, they still do have a warning about the containers, covers, stirring stix, etc.)

Prop. 65 requires these warnings on products, on premises and at workplaces that may have chemicals the State lists as possibly causing cancer or birth defects. That list keeps getting longer and longer and longer. In addition, Prop. 65 allows private citizens and groups to sue to enforce Prop. 65 which means there are a lot of greedy Prop. 65 lawyers out there. Inevitably, these warnings are now found everywhere and on virtually every product and......everyone ignores them because they are everywhere.

I had a client who sold cigars and he got sued under Prop. 65. While the shop and the cigars themselves had warnings, the suit claimed that he was not warning people who were exposed to second hand smoke when the cigars he sold were smoked. How do you warn bystanders? Make the smoker wear a t-shirt with a Prop. 65 warning?

Last edited by a moderator:
Natural selection in action.
It's for sure won't have to go to chiropractor... It'll straighten out his spine in one quick snap.
"But...but...he's wearing hearing protection!"

Helps mute the screams he's about to hear.

frane-ad-for-organ-donation-1.jpg
That's just like ripping him a new a$$.

View attachment 652286
There needs to be one of those labels put on their own air supply from all of those fires they keep having.

Latest posts

Back