Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
posts have been stalling sometimes for a couple days too, just get a spinning thing in the corner. Buttons/options missing from the reply toolbar as well.

posts have been stalling sometimes for a couple days too, just get a spinning thing in the corner. Buttons/options missing from the reply toolbar as well.
Same here. Hard to post at times. Quoting someone with an edit, it blanks out all the text.

Several times the keyboard won't pop up on the mobile version. I only have this issue on mobile HBT.

This is what I see in Mobile.
Screenshot_20190911-202509.jpeg

Same here. Hard to post at times. Quoting someone with an edit, it blanks out all the text.

Several times the keyboard won't pop up on the mobile version. I only have this issue on mobile HBT.
I use the regular Tapatalk, not the branded version. It is fine, except when it couldn't connect with HBT because the site was offline for a while. Usually when I have trouble with any forum I follow, it's Tapatalk that's glitchy. Pretty sure this is rooted in the HBT site itself. Hopefully admin will hear our bitchin' and moanin'.

I've been on Tapatalk all day. Just tried the browser and noticed the avatar thing, and some other oddities like text wrapping around or overlapping on the board indexes. And I found the whole site was down for a bit earlier in the day. Must be some gremlins they need to flush out.

AE768EDC-E6A8-49A1-89DD-DFEAB3A092B8.jpeg

Site's been weird all day yesterday and today not quite right, on phone or my usual inside browser (Chrome) on desktop. Right now a little weird with double avatars showing:
View attachment 643898
That's one of the things I saw yesterday; today the browser version looks fine on my laptop, haven't tried Chrome on my phone yet today. I also saw my screen name written over others' avatars, like your avatar is superimposed. And other text superimposed on topics, or text on the board indexes there wrapping around from the right side of the screen to the left and superimposing. I think it's pretty odd when (frequently glitchy) Tapatalk is working smoother than the browser, though posts are slow to load and I sometimes can't mark them read, which all suggests to me that HBT or its host isn't responding to the app. What strikes me as really curious is that many of us are having problems, but different ones at different times.

I had that overlapping name/avi a while back, thought it had something to do with 1) wrong size/shape pic for avi or 2) no longer a supporting member, but still have avi or 3) both

or have they given non-supporters avis?

Site's been weird all day yesterday and today not quite right, on phone or my usual inside browser (Chrome) on desktop. Right now a little weird with double avatars showing:
View attachment 643898

Dual avatars have been a thing for a while. One indicates the thread starter, and the other indicates you have a post in said thread.

Last edited:
View attachment 643990

i can barley do a science experiment with this one.....

(and yes that offer for a go-fundme for a better camera offer would still be appreciated! lol)
with that camera you don't need filters to remove crows feet and wrinkles from your selfies.

Back