Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Canadian Bacon too, I just think calling it "Back Ham" would be less misleading. It's almost as bad a name as Sweet Breads...
ZomboMeme 30082019160102.jpg

Morbius, the Living Vampire... Probably the character I want to see from the MCU the most. He was a frequent foil for the character Blade, who Marvel is seeking to relaunch in their next phase of films.
1567342867150_facebook_1567342860721.jpeg

Something about little boys and campfires...they're drawn like moths.
The kung-fu pose is priceless. I can't wait to see the grandkids next week.

Tell me about it. At around 13yo my friend and I were responsible for a 5-alarm blaze in the woods beyond our house. Burned about 10 acres. Unintentional of course.

I never had anything that bad happen! But did figure out home made napalm at about 10y/o... that was my close call!

As a veteran of many scout camping trips, to me, he looks like prime mosquito chow in that photo. Love the fire tho.

Honestly the skeeters aren’t bad this year! But normally yes! He has eczema and needs to use a special repellent, so this summer has been awesome! I’ve only been bit once and body count is three at best! We had a wet spring, but once it warmed up, just enough rain to keep the lawn watered.

Tell me about it. At around 13yo my friend and I were responsible for a 5-alarm blaze in the woods beyond our house. Burned about 10 acres. Unintentional of course.

lol! That almost makes me feel better about the ~3 acres of dried up field grass and a falling-down pump house we turned to ash when I was 10. At least we pulled the alarm before we fled like rabbits :D

Hadn't thought of that in years! Around 10 or 11, my buddies and I made bombs out of lipstick casings, powder from "black cats", kitty litter, paper plugs, and fuses. Don't remember the exact method but we disintegrated quite a few things back then.
I think my mom was worried because I was always looking for lipstick..... :D

Hadn't thought of that in years! Around 10 or 11, my buddies and I made bombs out of lipstick casings, powder from "black cats", kitty litter, paper plugs, and fuses. Don't remember the exact method but we disintegrated quite a few things back then.
I think my mom was worried because I was always looking for lipstick..... :D
Now that's funny!! And it jogged another 1970s woods-related memory. Friend had a CO2 pellet gun. We got the bright idea to take a spent CO2 cartridges and pack it tightly with cut off match heads. We were up on a hill in the woods and placed the cartridge in a metal tube angled up slightly to provide for maximum distance. No fuse, just lit a 10 inch twig and placed at the of the tube. BOOM!! cartridge took off, through the tube and away, at warp speed I would imagine...may still be going to this day. As you might guess this proved to be a really bad idea as we used an aluminum tube (not even sure where we got it). It blew apart on takeoff, with much of the shrapnel going into my friend's leg. Lucky for me I was standing far enough away and avoided any injury. Sometimes I wonder how we ever made to adulthood.

Yep. Stopped counting at 21 and have to ask my wife or look at my drivers license if you ask me my age. Despite my mental age, daily pain hinders my attitude.

Back