Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"A point in every direction is the same as no point at all."

We raised our daughters on a diet of The Point, Eric the Viking, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Bill Plympton's The Tune, etc. We have weird ideas as to humor, I suppose. No Disney princesses in this family.

No need to be sorry, I was not offended.

snowflake.JPG

"A point in every direction is the same as no point at all."

We raised our daughters on a diet of The Point, Eric the Viking, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Bill Plympton's The Tune, etc. We have weird ideas as to humor, I suppose. No Disney princesses in this family.

So you were on point raising your daughters. We need more of this!

So you were on point raising your daughters. We need more of this!

I'm raising my daughters in the princess era. Every girl should be raised to think that a "price" will do whatever it takes to land the girl of their dreams. I'm not going to be the person to tell them that at age 6 there's not a knight in shining armor waiting/looking for them somewhere, over the rainbow. Naive maybe, but at that age..........

I'm raising my daughters in the princess era. Every girl should be raised to think that a "price" will do whatever it takes to land the girl of their dreams. I'm not going to be the person to tell them that at age 6 there's not a knight in shining armor waiting/looking for them somewhere, over the rainbow. Naive maybe, but at that age..........
Raising girls is tough. They need to know that they are the most precious thing in the universe, the source of life itself. At the same time, they must learn to be functioning, self-supporting, self-asserting, productive adults. Pride and self-respect, without vanity or entitlement. Tough.

Raising girls is tough. They need to know that they are the most precious thing in the universe, the source of life itself. At the same time, they must learn to be functioning, self-supporting, self-asserting, productive adults. Pride and self-respect, without vanity or entitlement. Tough.

Completely agree. But not at 6. Same ideals, different age groups I'm guessing.

That is such a beautiful, accurate and true statement.
Wait a minute! Isn't this the Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumblings forum? :D
Certainly no drunken mumbling there!

Oh yes, absolutely. Everything needs to be age appropriate. But I always try to remember that we aren't raising children. Children are the raw material, we're raising women and men.

I somewhat agree. I am raising a child. A child who will hopefully grow into a beautiful woman. But in the meantime, still a child. Enjoy them while they're young, before long they'll be gone.

IMG_3530.JPG

I somewhat agree. I am raising a child. A child who will hopefully grow into a beautiful woman. But in the meantime, still a child. Enjoy them while they're young, before long they'll be gone.

We have a redhead (8 y/o) too and we think another one on the way. (Great grandchildren).

Back