Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6-2-300x243.jpeg

Ok folks, time for a reminder: Religion can only be discussed in the "Debate" forum. I deleted a bunch of posts sliding into religious debate, triggered by the Sloth meme, and also some posts that were related to them (since they wouldn't make any sense after the other deletions.) I left the original sloth meme as in my judgement it wasn't really religious in nature. If you believe it is, please bring that up in a private conversation, not in this thread (since any such discussion will be deleted from this thread.)

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

Thread closed, will reopen in a few days. If you can't follow the rules, this is what happens. Discussing moderation in public threads is always considered off topic. If you have a beef with moderation, take it up with the mod/admin team in a private conversation.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

You need to have either one more beer, or one fewer. I'm not sure which. :)
My standard vote: "one more." I actually wasn't imbibing at the time (notice how I wasn't slurring my letters). In all honesty, I do have to check, one in a while the morning after, if I got all righteous about something or over enthusiastic in my posts if I've had more than my proper share.

@davidabcd
Make it a moderately big one so you meet both requirements.
View attachment 597237
I only accidentally saw this despite the "@". Could have simply missed it. Great photo. I enjoy the sense of humor here (more often than not). Note: I could probably drink that amount if it were 5% ABV or so.
But my super power is eating or drinking head-turning amounts, ever since I was a teen.

I actually forgot the reason I came here; I got all involved with my previous posts. I guess this is random:
leaves 11.11.18.jpg

It took HOURS to handle all of these. My wife and I tag-teamed them which made it a billion percent more pleasant. There were twenty bags by the time the leaf dust settled. Leave (punster) it to my wife to take an aesthetic photo of something which could be considered less-than-pleasant.

I actually forgot the reason I came here; I got all involved with my previous posts. I guess this is random:
View attachment 597316
It took HOURS to handle all of these. My wife and I tag-teamed them which made it a billion percent more pleasant. There were twenty bags by the time the leaf dust settled. Leave (punster) it to my wife to take an aesthetic photo of something which could be considered less-than-pleasant.
I mow instead of raking. Moderately more time for beer and my mower has a beer can holder.

With 15 very mature hardwoods (all 40+ years) in the front yard and another 6 in the back I feel your suffering. Mine are a mix of different oaks and poplars that drop leaves at different times. A bad a** Stihl blower and large center island makes for short work, but it's a long few months while they're dropping.

The beer holder is awesome! In the back of my mind is running over my feet and chopping them to pieces if I'm not paying attention to the lawn mower if I'm mowing while drinking. An unnecessary thought to be sure.

I've done what you mentioned--live in a house long enough and you try everything.
Methods:
I have raked all the leaves into the street and then beat them to pieces with the mower and then bagged.
I've used this thing that looks like a lawn mower but sucks them up and grinds the leaves to tiny bits and shoots them into a bag.
I've simply raked.
I've used that blower that converts to a leaf bagger.

The best method? Worthy of debate. They all have pluses and minuses.

The key is, considering all of my 30 year, home-owning wisdom: they're all good but DO NOT let the leaves collect for any amount of time. Like I just did this season.

The main point of the post was the pleasant photo.

With 15 very mature hardwoods (all 40+ years) in the front yard and another 6 in the back I feel your suffering. Mine are a mix of different oaks and poplars that drop leaves at different times. A bad a** Stihl blower and large center island makes for short work, but it's a long few months while they're dropping.
Yeah! Leaf disposal! It is what it is and you just know it's coming.
I've got one tree and it would be a piece of cake EXCEPT I get eight or nine trees up wind on my side of the street and all of them land on my lawn. Neighbors!!!
That different schedules thing is a bear. Mine is only 1/3 done. Our leaf collection stops mid-November, I think. I'm used to storing a giant fire hazard of leaves in the garage til mid April.
Cheers!

Back