Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had an immigrant Asian neighbor, a refugee from a really stupid war. Very nice family. Their house, and three walls of the garage, were painted a sunny yellow. The fourth garage wall, facing the garden, was a pale sky blue.

Every so often I'd hear a wooden sort of thud. Then one day I saw Mr. Tranh picking up the pigeons that had collided with his blue wall. Everything was clear now.

I mean, who can turn down this face!
20170702_150359.jpg
20170702_150359.jpg 20170702_150359.jpg

I think it was ‘98 when I went home on leave around Christmas time and Julie, one of our goats, had her kids. Labor to delivery took about three hours. She was a champ! My wife was in labor for about 24 hours....

I think it was ‘98 when I went home on leave around Christmas time and Julie, one of our goats, had her kids. Labor to delivery took about three hours. She was a champ! My wife was in labor for about 24 hours....

By my simple math, that makes your wife is an 8th degree black belt birther. That'll teach the goat. :eek:

Had an immigrant Asian neighbor, a refugee from a really stupid war. Very nice family. Their house, and three walls of the garage, were painted a sunny yellow. The fourth garage wall, facing the garden, was a pale sky blue.

Every so often I'd hear a wooden sort of thud. Then one day I saw Mr. Tranh picking up the pigeons that had collided with his blue wall. Everything was clear now.

LOL! That reminds of the saying: Just because it's not logical to you, it's someone else's secret weapon.

OK, I just made it up. :(

By my simple math, that makes your wife is an 8th degree black belt birther. That'll teach the goat. :eek:

Didn’t meet the the wife till ‘02. Married in ‘04, kid in ‘08. Yeah, child birth was brutal for my wife. Seriously!

She says one and done.... I feel bad about what I saw on the delivery day! Thankfully she doesn’t remember.

The goat, she was a trooper and everything went good!

+1 Pratchett

Pratchett...as in Terry? I read one of his books decades ago. Excluding LotR, I got away from fantasy when EVERYONE started writing trilogies. I remember one author whose "series" was 3 trilogies. That's 9 books for 1 story.

EDIT: I just did a search...The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (10-book series) by Stephen Donaldson, was one of the books I started with #1, then #2 came out, read it, then #3, and I QUIT reading them. I'm a 1 book 1 story kind of reader.

I get a lot of paperbacks from the hospital library (when my wife goes). They have sort of a "take 1 leave 1" policy (for 5 shelves), but I take as many as I want and bring them back when m done or will drop off the ones I've read when we're in the neighborhood, which is weekly.

Last edited:
Pratchett...as in Terry? I read one of his books decades ago. Excluding LotR, I got away from fantasy when EVERYONE started writing trilogies. I remember one author whose "series" was 3 trilogies. That's 9 books for 1 story.

EDIT: I just did a search...The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (10-book series) by Stephen Donaldson, was one of the books I started with #1, then #2 came out, read it, then #3, and I QUIT reading them. I'm a 1 book 1 story kind of reader.

I get a lot of paperbacks from the hospital library (when my wife goes). They have sort of a "take 1 leave 1" policy (for 5 shelves), but I take as many as I want and bring them back when m done or will drop off the ones I've read when we're in the neighborhood, which is weekly.
Pratchett's books started out as a protest or satire of that kind of fantasy series. Finished up with nearly fifty Discworld books, over 80 million in print before he died. You can read most any of them in any order, so not exactly a series. If you haven't realized, I'm a fan.

Didn’t meet the the wife till ‘02. Married in ‘04, kid in ‘08. Yeah, child birth was brutal for my wife. Seriously!

She says one and done.... I feel bad about what I saw on the delivery day! Thankfully she doesn’t remember.

The goat, she was a trooper and everything went good!

I know this to be true but for the life of me I cannot wrap my head around the concept.

Don't remember the pain?? I am SURE I would remember a watermelon squeezing thru my nostril!

It serves a biological purpose, I suppose. If women remembered the pain there would be one child in each family.

I know this to be true but for the life of me I cannot wrap my head around the concept.

Don't remember the pain?? I am SURE I would remember a watermelon squeezing thru my nostril!

It serves a biological purpose, I suppose. If women remembered the pain there would be one child in each family.

You're guessing. You've never passed a child through an orifice intended to do so.

I have read of a woman with gout that compared the pain to childbirth. I have had gout (bad). If the comparison is anywhere close, Mothers deserve our respect (they already have it anyway). Sex and pregnancy causes childbirth. I wish i knew what caused gout.

You're guessing. You've never passed a child through an orifice intended to do so.

I have read of a woman with gout that compared the pain to childbirth. I have had gout (bad). If the comparison is anywhere close, Mothers deserve our respect (they already have it anyway). Sex and pregnancy causes childbirth. I wish i knew what caused gout.
Carol Burnett described what labor pains feel like, she said, "Take your bottom lip. And pull it over your head".

Latest posts

Back