R. I. T.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gee8648

Reaction score
Anyone on here an R.I.T. (Rochester Institute of Technology) Alum or currently attending? Lol, I know how they are kind of both one in the same, it seems like when you start taking classes they make it impossible to leave lol.

Damn, I was thinking Rit was some kinda wild yeast, flowers for bittering thing that I'd never heard of...

Damn, I was thinking Rit was some kinda wild yeast, flowers for bittering thing that I'd never heard of...

Nope sorry to disappoint...

As a matter of fact... I am an alumnus.

EMCR 1989

i work down the street

Wow awesome! I'm glad to see some local homebrewers, before now I hadn't known anyone else in the area that homebrewed. I knew they were out there of course just hadn't met any.

I'm going to RIT now for Management Information Systems, My dad is an alumni as is my Grandpa (back when RIT was actually in the city of Rochester.)

Killian I assume you work for one of those corporations/businesses on Jefferson?

Also did you hear that Constellation Brands is closing Widmer Winery in Naples and donating it to RIT? It will be interesting to see how they use it. RIT is also adding new classes like Beers of the World, Wines of the World, Beverage Fermentation and Bottling. I wish I could take these classes but I have no more room in my schedule till I graduate :(

I was going for Mechanical Engineering but I dropped out due to many different reasons. :(

I'm an alum (graduated March 2005), of the MIS degree in fact! Good school, good program. More job safety than straight IT, less boring and more valuable than straight business. Good choice, my friend! Currently living in Albany, NY getting my Ph.D., so I'm well aware that taking classes becomes an addiction.

(P.S. Try billiards, fencing, or kung-fu for your gym credits!)

Wow no kidding thats really cool! Yeah unfortunately I already have my wellness all taken care of (I'm in my 5th year, due to minors in Accounting, cultural anthropology, archaeology, and SAP certification). I did bowling, archery, and golf (yuck). I can't wait to get out of here tho, well if you are ever in the area let me know and we'll have a few beers and talk about stuff haha

Looked at it a few years back, I think I may have applied and being accepted. I liked the school, but I ended up having a few other choices closer to home, so I went with one of those. It was pretty far for me.

Latest posts

Back