questions about diagram, starting to wire

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These types of misunderstandings/arguments seem to get out of hand rather quickly. I can see both of your points.

bagpiperjosh - you are looking for what you think is a simple answer to a simple question and I can understand that you would get frustrated when the author of the diagram you are using can't or won't provide an answer.

However, I can understand where PJ is coming from and perhaps it is not just about which diagram is which. The question you are asking hints at the fact that you do not have enough electrical experience to understand the diagram and if that is the case, it may not be wise for anyone to provide you more information as it is probably a dangerous proposition for you to undertake a build involving 30A 220V circuits.

I really hope you take some time to fully understand what you are attempting to build, familiarize yourself with electrical diagrams, and have someone with electrical experience help you or at least inspect your work before you plug anything into a live circuit if you are not completely comfortable.

Good luck and be careful,
Mike

These types of misunderstandings/arguments seem to get out of hand rather quickly. I can see both of your points.

bagpiperjosh - you are looking for what you think is a simple answer to a simple question and I can understand that you would get frustrated when the author of the diagram you are using can't or won't provide an answer.

However, I can understand where PJ is coming from and perhaps it is not just about which diagram is which. The question you are asking hints at the fact that you do not have enough electrical experience to understand the diagram and if that is the case, it may not be wise for anyone to provide you more information as it is probably a dangerous proposition for you to undertake a build involving 30A 220V circuits.

I really hope you take some time to fully understand what you are attempting to build, familiarize yourself with electrical diagrams, and have someone with electrical experience help you or at least inspect your work before you plug anything into a live circuit if you are not completely comfortable.

Good luck and be careful,
Mike

i didn't understand a small part of HIS diagram. i have re-wired many rooms in my house and others. so i believe i have a basic understanding of whats safe and not safe. i don't put power to anything that i'm not 100% sure is correct. Id rather ask a "stupid" question and be 100% sure than just try to guess.
:mug:

Back