Question about time between pours

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexsaunders

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just kegged our first beer on our new system. Everything is working fairly well after playing with the pressure but ...

If we haven't poured in a few days (off camping or whatnot) is it recommended to clean the tap once back? Do you recommend wasting a 1/2 pint to get the "fresh" stuff out of the keg or will the beer in the lines be fine for a few days?

Thanks,
Alex

Sorry, did a search and wasn't coming up with anything.

I don't, but I'm sure there is some over the top board member that has a spray bottle of pbw and sanitizer with a faucet brush.

You can always buy caps for the faucets too if you know its gonna be a while.

Caps are good if you have a fruit fly problem, but I've never had any impact from letting a tap sit for weeks.

Thanks for the input - I probably don't need the caps now but good to know they're out there.

Cheers,
Alex

I use caps on mine when I am done for the night I spray the tap and the inside of the cap with starsan maybe a little anal but I like it this way no floating things in my next glass of brew

Back