Question about a late hop addition. (@1 min.)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DMS question keeps coming up. Years ago, I kept reading that you have to chill really fast or you would get DMS - period. In recent years, that seems to be challenged. I even read a BYO article on-line (that doesn't show up any more) called "Hop Stands" that indicated DMS isn't a problem, even when leaving the lid on. I do a lot of hop stands with the lid on and don't get DMS. So it might not be a problem for you.

Is DMS even a thing with extract brewing?. I thought I read some place it's not a big deal because the extract has been boiled once. I'm not even sure I would know what DMS tastes like if I did create it.
I am finding in my quest to make my beers a little better, more consistent, and to make a more complex beer, that I know very little about how to do it. And when asking questions, I find that is made quite apparent. (LOL). Also in that quest I am finding there are many ways to skin a cat and still end up with a skinned cat.
Thanks again to all for the help on this quest.
Cheers, :mug:
Joel B.

Back