Put a blackboard on your keg!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice post Piizaman, I was just looking at dry erase label yesterday. This is WAY better. Going to Menards tonight to pick up some Kilz Primer, I'll have to see if they have this stuff.

any chance you can fix the broken links to these posts? as they say.... "this thread is useless with out pics"

thanks from us noobs

I use clear packing tape, fold over the last 1/2" or so so it's easy to pull off later, and write on the tape with a sharpie. This is not much help, though, once they are in the freezer, so I am going to go for the toe tag trick. It's actually on my to-do list to find toe tags.
The tape thing works on carboys, too.

Well I have used and thought of many things, but I settled on this, and it seems to work well for my upright fridge, but I am sure it can be used for the chest freezer guys. I simply use these markers(or ones like them) and write on the side of the keg. Simple condensation does not wipe it off, and they are kinda cool looking. It wipes clean with a water soaked rag or a little windex. I can see it being used on the chest freezers on the black handles of the kegs since you can get it in many colors.

You can just write on the kegs with a sharpie & then scribble over it with a dryerase marker & wipe to remove. Permanent until you decide to remove it.

Back