Purified drinking water. Store bought.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olotti

Reaction score
All my sources of RO are dry and now of distilled too. Must be lots of hb’ers here in Michigan. So I found a Home Depot-esque store that had prob their “brand” of water called glacier mist and all they had left was purified drinking water in 1 gal jugs but on the label i noticed it says purified by reverse osmosis And doing some googling it says purified is up there with distilled as far as final ppm of less than 10. So is this good to go. I normlaly use RO and build my water profiles and Tomm is a neipa. Thanks.

All my sources of RO are dry and now of distilled too. Must be lots of hb’ers here in Michigan. So I found a Home Depot-esque store that had prob their “brand” of water called glacier mist and all they had left was purified drinking water in 1 gal jugs but on the label i noticed it says purified by reverse osmosis And doing some googling it says purified is up there with distilled as far as final ppm of less than 10. So is this good to go. I normlaly use RO and build my water profiles and Tomm is a neipa. Thanks.

If it is purified by Reverse Osmosis, then it is RO water, unless minerals have been added back.

If it is purified by Reverse Osmosis, then it is RO water, unless minerals have been added back.

ok that’s what I figured and maybe it’s a way for them to charge more but cool That’s all I needed to know.

ok that’s what I figured and maybe it’s a way for them to charge more but cool That’s all I needed to know.

It's a way for them to make water drinkers buy it. If the label just said "Reverse Osmosis Water," it wouldn't resonate with most people.

It's a way for them to make water drinkers buy it. If the label just said "Reverse Osmosis Water," it wouldn't resonate with most people.

makes complete sense im just glad they had it So I can brew.

Go on the companies web site and see if they have a water test report on that water. If so, you can use that as the baseline and enter it into one of the water calculators to adjust as needed.

I buy purified water at our local Menards big box hardware store. The water test report is readily available online and it is pretty good water to start with. More importantly, having the detailed water test report makes it easy to adjust for each specific beer. In fact, it requires less adjustment than RO or distilled water. I wouldn't even mess around with RO, distilled water or my tap water anymore as long as I can get this water with the water report.

Go on the companies web site and see if they have a water test report on that water. If so, you can use that as the baseline and enter it into one of the water calculators to adjust as needed.

I buy purified water at our local Menards big box hardware store. The water test report is readily available online and it is pretty good water to start with. More importantly, having the detailed water test report makes it easy to adjust for each specific beer. In fact, it requires less adjustment than RO or distilled water. I wouldn't even mess around with RO, distilled water or my tap water anymore as long as I can get this water with the water report.

funny that’s exactly where I got the water from.

I buy Menards 4 gallon jugs ($3.70 each) and the label says Glacial Chill. I found their detailed water report online and stockpiled a bunch of the jugs..

Latest posts

Back