Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight get to see Bad Brains for the 4th time. Not hoping for to much last time it wasn't that great a show. Kind of a odd opener to GZA from Covid is goin to open the show. Don't get me wrong I love that liquid swords album but just odd. Just hoping they don't do a mostly reggae set.

Tonight get to see Bad Brains for the 4th time. Not hoping for to much last time it wasn't that great a show. Kind of a odd opener to GZA from Covid is goin to open the show. Don't get me wrong I love that liquid swords album but just odd. Just hoping they don't do a mostly reggae set.

i thought about going to this, then decided against it. The crowd should be ... interesting.

I grew up in Clearwater, FL and used to take the bus when I was like 14 to St. Pete to places like Janis Landing, The State Theater, and The Refuge to see punkrock shows. They were some of the best times of my life.

I remember seeing bands like US Bombs, Anti-Flag, Against All Authority, Pennywise, No Use For A Name, Unwritten Law, AFI (Before they sucked) Guttermouth, Diesel Boy, LTJ (even though I hate jockrock), Blue Meanies, and countless others. I even got to see the Skatalites once at Ska Against Racism in Janis Landing. There are way too many to list, but I used to be so into when I was a kid.

I'm not really into it that much nowadays, but I still keep these fond memories on my iPod. Threads like this really bring me back.

Cheers.

Normally like a little mellower stuff for brewdays, but was really feeling this today...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a8Whyo6F7ss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice. I usually just throw my iTunes on random when I brew, but sometimes I like to brew while listening to sXe bands. Most of them are hardcore.

Haha. I still find that funny. I always laugh while drinking a beer, smoking a cigarette and listening to Strife or Earth Crisis. But after a few NYHC jams yesterday I ended switching back over to rocksteady.

I'm probably brewing on Saturday, but I have to relink all of my music to iTunes due to a software issue I don't really feel like discussing at the moment. However, because of that I'm not sure what I'll be listening to.

Anytime I was on tour and in a ****ty mood, I would listen to this song and call my GF up...very powerful stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone trying to check out Rob with blood for blood on tour? They are playing in MA with some killer bands at a venue I don't really like but fugg it.

I start my day on the way to work with this one...

then go right to

I have seen SOIA live a bunch of times and each show is truly amazing.

then this...

I am always in the happiest of moods when I get to work no matter how bad the traffic. I sure do wish I had the day off from work to go to that reunion show at CBGB's well, now almost 20 years ago.

I love Off. Keith Morris is still an angry hippie though. :D

I had a chance to see the Circle Jerks with PW and Ignite like 7 years ago... in between every song, Keith would just SPOUT about any topic that angered him at that moment. It was borderline standup comedy/punk rock, very cool show, the whole shebang.

P-H-E-N-O-M-E-N-A-U-T-S. Phenmonenauts live last night one helluva show. Haven't been to a show in a while.

ForumRunner_20120505_083542.jpg

ForumRunner_20120505_083556.jpg

ForumRunner_20120505_083614.jpg

Stormwatch / Immoral Discipline / Bad Luck 13 tonight!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-LP61XP2yjs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BoundForBeer said:
Stormwatch / Immoral Discipline / Bad Luck 13 tonight!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-LP61XP2yjs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bad Luck puts on a fun show, but their music is just.........terrible. Homicidal is probably the only halfway decent one.

I FREAKING LOVE DRI!!! I had tix to see them in ATL last year (or the year before) but something came up! DAMMIT.

I like how they say he was the first rock star to come out as transgender....WRONG again rolling stone

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=161540

for all my chicks with dicks
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IxeWIASqWqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now that's a band I haven't heard in a while. I've got River Runs Red around here somewhere. I'll have to put it on. I stopped listening to them or even paying any attention to them years ago after Keith...err...Mina... got clean (is she still clean???), the band reunited and their music went down the toilet. I always knew there was something up with her, figured she was gay, but this makes perfect sense. As the comments on that article display pretty plainly, I'm all but certain half the homophobic NJHC folks I used to know when I lived in Jersey didn't take it too well. Props to her for being so open about it.

Never got into Against Me!, but a lot of folks I know have been talking about it.

Back