Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, awesome. I remember going to a show that Blink 182 was headlining just to see the opening bands... Back then it was every week that I was going to shows.

Yep...never had to stoop so low as to give my dollars to Blink 182 but I still find myself buying tickets to shows for the opening bands. Though like you said I get out once a quarter rather once a week now. And I can actually afford to go now, too.

dfc said:
I still have not seen them live.

Saw them in November 2010 part of that 30th anniversary tour, I had about 35 minutes of video footage (hd) when giant mofo stood in front of me, I had to raise the camera way over the guys head to continue recording. Security saw me, pulled me outside and erased all my footage. I am still pizzed to this day.

YES! My old band opened up for these guys a few times here on Long Island. What a crazy time, haha! :mug:

I remember being a kid and listening to my friend's uncle's punk/hardcore records, and the Murphy's Law record was transparent green, we thought it was the sickest thing ever:rockin:

What was your band?

Can't believe I've slept on this thread.

Got into punk first with dropkicks, nofx, misfits, rancid, cancerslug, toxic narcotic, 5 cent deposit, etc.

Moved onto metalcore like remembering never and between the buried and me when I was like 13/14.

Became straight edge from 14-17 LOL, was a huge have heart, blood for blood, colin of arabia, verse, sheer terror, youth of today, bad brains, cro mags and down to nothing fan. Went to Posi Numbers 2005, United Blood 2010, This is Hardcore 2010/11.

and I still regularly attend hardcore shows, I listen to a lot of blood for blood, iron age, terror, down to nothing, cro mags, not really into the newer stuff but I still attend fests.

Saw them in November 2010 part of that 30th anniversary tour, I had about 35 minutes of video footage (hd) when giant mofo stood in front of me, I had to raise the camera way over the guys head to continue recording. Security saw me, pulled me outside and erased all my footage. I am still pizzed to this day.

That sucks.

Can't believe I've slept on this thread.

Got into punk first with dropkicks, nofx, misfits, rancid, cancerslug, toxic narcotic, 5 cent deposit, etc.

Moved onto metalcore like remembering never and between the buried and me when I was like 13/14.

Became straight edge from 14-17 LOL, was a huge have heart, blood for blood, colin of arabia, verse, sheer terror, youth of today, bad brains, cro mags and down to nothing fan. Went to Posi Numbers 2005, United Blood 2010, This is Hardcore 2010/11.

and I still regularly attend hardcore shows, I listen to a lot of blood for blood, iron age, terror, down to nothing, cro mags, not really into the newer stuff but I still attend fests.

Sweet. I brew a lot while listening to Casey Jones, Comeback Kid, Have Heart, Blood For Blood, etc. I love the punk influenced hardcore.

Got tickets last friday to Cock Sparrer...sold out in one day! Hoping to goto the Boston show too.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y8wM646RHpo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I still use a buzz-word from an Anti-Flag song almost daily. Whenever someone has some brilliant political or philosophical commentary (ie, talking from their rectums about things they arent smart enough to understand) I usually say "Right on."

I forget the album title, but I know I played a cd-r burned cd of it in my car until it did nothing but skip.

I still use a buzz-word from an Anti-Flag song almost daily. Whenever someone has some brilliant political or philosophical commentary (ie, talking from their rectums about things they arent smart enough to understand) I usually say "Right on."

I forget the album title, but I know I played a cd-r burned cd of it in my car until it did nothing but skip.

Meh. Anti-Flag typically falls into the "talking from their rectums" camp as well IMHO. Same can be said for most of the overtly political punk bands. Very few I've come across (Conflict, Resist & Exist and A//Political are a few that come to mind) have any idea what theyre talking about.

Since I suppose discussion of their political content belongs in the debate forum, I'll just say at least their music is catchy.

Don't care what anyone says, the original was an awesome song, and I love this cover...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uXXu8VGJi9s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Flatfoot 56 are great guys. The touring band I was in used to play shows with those guys all the time. As a matter of fact we did two weeks with those guys back in 2004 I believe.

I like their sound and they put on a good show, but I can only take so much of their lyrics.

A few songs I was jamming to today...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FXnmuwVN8L8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pd4QoSNlPuE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZrXvfetZWQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just found this thread. Very nice. Likes me some naked raygun slapshot belching penguin all decendants pegboy etc etc etc. Looking forward to reading through all these pages.

Just found this thread. Very nice. Likes me some naked raygun slapshot belching penguin all decendants pegboy etc etc etc. Looking forward to reading through all these pages.

Enjoy the thread. How is Columbus hanging in there? I know that whole area of the country is dying. Luckily I got out in 2007.

Enjoy the thread. How is Columbus hanging in there? I know that whole area of the country is dying. Luckily I got out in 2007.

Well the scene has been better, but columbus is surviving alright. Been here since 02 and was my escape from nw ohio. Though had the market not bottomed out i wont have been able to buy a home. I took a vow of poverty getting into the environmental field though. Lucky for me punk house shows are cheap.

Also 7 new breweries are opening this year. We now have a meadery and couple distilleries. :rockin:

Well the scene has been better, but columbus is surviving alright. Been here since 02 and was my escape from nw ohio. Though had the market not bottomed out i wont have been able to buy a home. I took a vow of poverty getting into the environmental field though. Lucky for me punk house shows are cheap.

Also 7 new breweries are opening this year. We now have a meadery and couple distilleries. :rockin:

Sweet. I still love going to house shows even though I'm in my 30's now.

Haha, oh don't get me started on politics. I always try to shy away from those topics because I'll start going on rants about the FDA, our 2nd amendment rights, welfare, immigration, etc.

Hell, when SOPA and PIPA were making their way through congress and the house I was adamant that everyone I talked to write their representatives. LOL.

When the SOPA bruhahaha was going on, I, and many others, wondered if there were people in Mexico and South America wondering why we crazy Americans were so mad at soup.

Haha, oh don't get me started on politics. I always try to shy away from those topics because I'll start going on rants about the FDA, our 2nd amendment rights, welfare, immigration, etc.

Hell, when SOPA and PIPA were making their way through congress and the house I was adamant that everyone I talked to write their representatives. LOL.

Yeah im not gonna start a political discusion, id rather hear about more bands.

Yeah im not gonna start a political discusion, id rather hear about more bands.

F politics....I wanna see more of the dog!!

I met one bull terrier in my life, and he was a little completely take your finger off insane...but I still love the breed....I blame the temperament of the dog on the laziness of the owner...I dont think the dude was ready for an energetic terrier.

F politics....I wanna see more of the dog!!

I met one bull terrier in my life, and he was a little completely take your finger off insane...but I still love the breed....I blame the temperament of the dog on the laziness of the owner...I dont think the dude was ready for an energetic terrier.

Yeah think people forget that these dogs are like two year olds in fur. Love messing with you and enjoy life. I really get pissed when i see these pups in prong collar and such. If your to lazy to train your dog dont get one, at least thats my opinion.

This breed is pretty well protected by most breeders. If the folks will screen the hell out of you. They are also not cheap which also keeps their popularity in check. My soon to be wife chose this breed and breeder because the mother is a service dog and e hope to trian ruca to be as well. Anna is a trainer so its her project.

Ill see if i can get ya some pics.

2012-03-17_19-58-16_659.jpg

FxCam_1322886119947.jpg

FxCam_1325473379284.jpg

Yeah sorry about that, ill leave the dog out of it. Anyone buy any new 7s or splits lately?

Heave been listening to alot of 55 on the dime by the minutemen and some dicks as well.

Back