Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just listened to some samples from Pennywise's new CD with Zoli Teglas. Honestly it actually made me a little sick to my stomach. Zoli is the reason I could never get into Ignite and I feared this would happen.

This is no longer Pennywise to me and the crappy thing is Zoli is still with Ignite. Too bad they didn't get a new singer so I could finally listen to them and enjoy it.

currently pissed. Missed getting tickets to 'This is Hardcore' fest saturday show.

Disco Biscuits, Lifetime, H2O, Grey Area, Bane and some more ...

other notables playing different days are Suicidal Tendences, Negative Approach, Cro Mags, and a **** ton of other bands i can't recall or don't listen to.

But im PISSED i didnt get tickets for the saturday show.

currently pissed. Missed getting tickets to 'This is Hardcore' fest saturday show.

Disco Biscuits, Lifetime, H2O, Grey Area, Bane and some more ...

other notables playing different days are Suicidal Tendences, Negative Approach, Cro Mags, and a **** ton of other bands i can't recall or don't listen to.

But im PISSED i didnt get tickets for the saturday show.

haha Disco Biscuits! not as good as the gayrallia biscuits

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wwJ06RxV5Rc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BoundForBeer said:
haha Disco Biscuits! not as good as the gayrallia biscuits

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wwJ06RxV5Rc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow, I would never have realized I typed that. That's hilarious and slightly embarrassing.

I meant to say gorilla biscuits...somewhat obviously.

The funny part is the disco biscuits are from Philly, but I don't even listen to em.

I had to look up the group and I saw a description of "electronica mixed with jam band". :D I had to come back with the cliche punk rock reply.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IFr_LMnAJaA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Been one of those days...

I was at this show, and now they're playing about a week and a half from now about a mile from my house...looking forward to taking a little stroll into my past!

Last edited by a moderator:

NOFX will always be good! This is one of my favorite newer songs of theirs.

Last edited by a moderator:
They've gotten too political and their stage shows just suck now. They still put out the occasional quality song, but since Franco Unamerican they've been going downhill.

I feel like their political material is some of their best stuff, The Decline for example is ****ing brilliant.

I haven't listened to any of their new albums front to back, but i've heard songs that are pretty good. I also haven't seen them live in probably close to 10 years.

I'm also weird with them in the sense that "So Long....." is my favorite album of theirs.

I just have this soft spot for Fat Mike. Such an underrated bassist.

I feel like their political material is some of their best stuff, The Decline for example is ****ing brilliant.

I haven't listened to any of their new albums front to back, but i've heard songs that are pretty good. I also haven't seen them live in probably close to 10 years.

I'm also weird with them in the sense that "So Long....." is my favorite album of theirs.

I just have this soft spot for Fat Mike. Such an underrated bassist.

I thought Punk in Drublic was their best. But I also haven't paid much attention to them since So Long... came out, and haven't seen them live in almost as long. But as I get older, the more and more annoying I find Fat Mike's voice (where Zoli Teglas's voice doesn't bother me at all. Heh). That said, I've always thought they were all a lot more talented than they were given credit for.

Top 5 in no particular order:

Crass
Subhumans
Flux of Pink Indians
Rudimentary Peni
Conflict

I grew up in southern California in the 90s, so I like a lot of bands from Epitaph and Fat Wreck Chords. Strung Out, Lagwagon, Pennywise, NUFAN, nofx, Good Riddance, Pulley, Bad Religion, old AFI, old Rise Against, Osker, some of the Nardcore bands (actually just Ill Repute and Scared Straight/Ten Foot Pole), and Unwritten Law

NOFX rules! Go see a show if you can, You will change your mind. Just know they nEver have seats do be prepared to rock the **** out!

NOFX rules! Go see a show if you can, You will change your mind. Just know they nEver have seats do be prepared to rock the **** out!

I've seen them several times. Their best shows were in the 90's. All they tend to do now is just preach for minutes at a time between songs.

[Sarcasm]You're right. It wasn't NOFX. I was thinking of some other band that looked exactly like NOFX and covered all of their songs.[/Sarcasm]

I've seen NOFX a good 4-5 times and the last time I saw them for several minutes at a time between songs Fat Mike was on his soapbox about impeaching Bush, Abortion, Christians, Welfare, etc.

I don't go to shows to hear a band's opinion on what I should do. I'm almost 33 now and I can think for myself. There's a great album by Propagandhi ironically titled "Less Talk, More Rock". That's exactly what I want to hear when going to shows. I don't care about your philosophy or blind hatred for Christians. If I want to hear spoken word instead of music, I'll go watch Rollins or go to poetry readings. I go to shows for the music.

Therefore (even though I doubt they'll ever read it) to bands like NOFX, Anti-Flag, etc. Shut up and play.

Haha your 33 and you ate barley realizing you should be able to think for yourself! Haha! Punk rock isn't meant to brain wash you, you ****ing idiot haha your a joke!!!

In the interest of not feeding the troll...

I love this f#@%ing song.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jHDIpJiVNj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And while we're at it...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7TOk3gOkJxE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And yet another football hooliganism song...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NMKXFKdEEbk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back