Pump to metal table

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanwick

Reaction score
I have a stainless table with a slightly recessed stainless undershelf. I am planning to screw the pumps to the bottom shelf with the heads pointing out. Attach the valves and QD's etc........

I am pretty inexperieneced at all things DIY.
  1. Will I need some sort of dampening layer between the pump and the table? I am worried that the whole thing is going to vibrate and possibly even worse rattle.
  2. What type of bolt/hut is recommended? I assume washers too.
There are always lots of trips back to the store when I do DIY, but might as well try to minimize where I can. :)

Thx for the help.

fwiw, I was wondering about motor noise resonating when I built my 3v2p single tier years ago, especially because I mounted my pumps on slide-out arms that can fully retract inside the frame for ease of transport. But, at least with my pair of March 815pls, the actual vibration from both pumps running is dismissible.

I've seen folks use U-bolts to clamp their pumps to SS table risers (ie: the legs). Seems solid enough...

Cheers!

1646452273538.jpeg

I have exactly this setup and I just use standard bolts with a locking washer so that they don't come undone. I just drilled holes in the bottom metal table using the bracket as a template. No need for any vibration isolation.

IMG_1716.jpeg

Back