Pump recomendation for kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure if this would work with your overall brew process, but might it be easier (and cheaper) to put your fermenter on the table empty and then fill it there on brew days? Since you aren't worried about oxidation, you could then just use a siphon or put a spout on your fermenter to transfer to your kegs.

If you like info on ways to pressure transfer using your specific fermenter I‘d be happy to help. Cheers

vittels vault with gamma lid....

and have fermentor on a table.

yeah i'm worried about dropping 88lbs of beer on my chest lifting it, thus the desire for a pump....so i can do it on the ground
I would find and correct the CO2 leak first then use CO2 to get the job done correctly.

no man, if i lose more then 0.2oz in the tank after pouring 10-12 12oz pours....i find the leak quick!

put your fermenter on the table empty and then fill it there on brew days?

That's a damn good idea! but my cold crashing fridge wouldn't fit on the table? hmmmm, you're giving my brain a workout on that though........maybe some how? maybe not the table? anyway i appreciate the thought, might come in handy!

Screw pumps and syphons... CO2 push FTW!

Seriously, I've been doing CO2 pushes to move beer for a LONG time. Absolute zero chance of oxidization. Parts used are easy to completely clean and sanitize. Zero electricity needed as well. You only need a few PSI to move beer in most cases (depending on how high you need to push the beer. I used this to push a 12 gallon (finished volume) from a kegmenter into three corny kegs earlier this year (before moving over to conical fermenters).
^^^ I also have nitrogen and typically use that to save on CO2, but same principle.

vittels vault with gamma lid....

yeah i'm worried about dropping 88lbs of beer on my chest lifting it, thus the desire for a pump....so i can do it on the ground

no man, if i lose more then 0.2oz in the tank after pouring 10-12 12oz pours....i find the leak quick!

That's a damn good idea! but my cold crashing fridge wouldn't fit on the table? hmmmm, you're giving my brain a workout on that though........maybe some how? maybe not the table? anyway i appreciate the thought, might come in handy!

Vittles Vault with gamma lid! 🤣🤣🤣 Good one Bracconiere! but seriously, you can pressure transfer even from something like that, though if it were my vittles vault I’d be transferring the beer straight to toilet...! 😆

well my drill pump is waiting at the mail box, plan on grabbing it here in a bit, when i'm done with morning coffee (yes on some occasions, i drink non alcoholic beverages). going to give it shot today, or in 3-4 days.

Once you invest in a fermentor that holds 2-3psi of Co2 pressure your back with thank you. I know mine does every time I have kegs to fill. And as a bonus, the beer I keg keeps fresher for longer. After cold crashing, I get to sit down and relax while my beer flows into the kegs, and all it takes is a few pounds of Co2 pressure.

kegTransfer.JPG

Ok gonna chime in here. First off, CO2 head pressure...the way to go. I did it with carboys back in the 90’s. Two grommets in lid. Push racking tube through first grommet as beer outlet line. The you have several ways to apply CO2. Easiest method would be to press fit your co2 hose into grommet then carefully and slowly open co2 flow until beer flows. You can even remove the poppet from beer connector and post if you’re concerned about flow restriction.

just thinking quickly here, but many variations of same principle. A carbonation cap will work with the co2 also.

cheers 🍻

Ok gonna chime in here. First off, CO2 head pressure...the way to go. I did it with carboys back in the 90’s. Two grommets in lid. Push racking tube through first grommet as beer outlet line. The you have several ways to apply CO2. Easiest method would be to press fit your co2 hose into grommet then carefully and slowly open co2 flow until beer flows. You can even remove the poppet from beer connector and post if you’re concerned about flow restriction.

just thinking quickly here, but many variations of same principle. A carbonation cap will work with the co2 also.

cheers 🍻

That’s not to be misunderstood- w/ carboy I always used the orange carboy caps.

Posted a pump photo to wrong thread. Sorry everyone if it shows up here. I was drinking at the time...🥴

Last edited:
ok so i'm looking at my pump, completly ignoring all you basicly singing this to me.....

and i'm back to figuring out how to pump it, this thing has what looks like 3/4" threads on both sides. i'm thinking of using some PVC pipe with an elbow that is the right height for the pump to just drop in, and get drilled.....??

Latest posts

Back