Pulled Pork / BBQ sauce ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McUbermensch

Reaction score
My sister in-law asked me to smoke some butts for my nephews birthday party. She's expecting 40 people and is paying for the meat and whatever else I need to smoke it. She's asked me to add BBQ to the meat so it's "easier" when people are helping themselves. I have a huge problem with this as I've never had good pulled pork that already has BBQ mixed in. Am I wrong in wanting to tell her I won't add the sauce? I get it's her party but it's my reputation on the line with the pork. Any advice?

great suggestion, covers your butt (pun intended) and makes it sound like it's an extra boon for her

My mother asked me to smoke for 75 people and I convinced her that sauceless was the way to go. And it is.

McUber, I have an excellent sauce recipe. Unfortunately I'm not at home to look it up, but trust me its perfect. I've never had pulled pork so good as with this sauce. It's tangy and sweet, balanced IMHO. I love good barbecue, and so far mom's recipe beats all. It's been passed down for many generations but I've made it only a couple times so its not memorized just yet. I'll pm it to you.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm definitely going to leave it dry and have multiple styles of sauce to accompany it. I can totally see her dousing the entire pan with some commercial BBQ when I'm not looking though. I guess once I deliver it it's out of my hands.

wickman6 said:
McUber, I have an excellent sauce recipe. Unfortunately I'm not at home to look it up, but trust me its perfect. I've never had pulled pork so good as with this sauce. It's tangy and sweet, balanced IMHO. I love good barbecue, and so far mom's recipe beats all. It's been passed down for many generations but I've made it only a couple times so its not memorized just yet. I'll pm it to you.

Please do pm that recipe to me.

Back